9 Surprising Things You Never Knew About Megan Nicole
We absolutely adore YouTube artist Megan Nicole, and seeing as she has nearly 3 million subscribers, we're definitely not alone. Her new lyric video for the song "Courageous" highlights a bunch of those adoring fans. We spoke with Megan to get the inside scoop on the track and more on Megan's music, and to reveal some surprising secrets about Megan you never knew.
What makeup product could you not live without?
1. I love my mascara. Definitely one of my make up must haves!
What's your go-to accessory?
2. Stud earrings!
If someone dumped out your purse right now, what's the weirdest thing they would find?
3. Probably a pair of socks. Clean ones at least! I take them to the airport to put on when I have to take my shoes off at security.
What's the best piece of advice you ever got?
4. Stay true to who you are. Something we all hear a lot, but at the same time never enough.
What's the last movie you watched with your mom?
5. My mom is actually with me in the car as I'm doing this interview. I looked over to her and asked her what movie did we see together last. She said Annie….I haven't seen "Annie" yet. Thanks mom for remembering all the special moments we have together and mixing me up with my sister (Lol).
Tell me about your favorite pair of shoes
6. I love my Doc Martens right now. I'm usually always rocking a pair on stage.
What's your guilty pleasure movie?
What's your weirdest phobia?
8. I hate cockroaches. I never see them as much in California as I did back in Texas, thankfully.
Which female icon is your biggest inspiration?
9. Audrey Hepburn
On writing "Courageous"
More so now than ever, young people have been struggling with their self esteem. I can't tell you how many tweets I've gotten or people who have come up to me letting me know of the struggles they face each day and not feeling strong enough to make it through. It truly breaks my heart to hear people say they don't feel like they're good enough.
I have been there and know what it feels like. "Courageous" is a reminder that you are so much stronger than you may ever realize. We should embrace what makes us different and remember there is plan and purpose for each of our lives.
On the "Courageous" music video
"Courageous" was a song written for my fans, so naturally I knew I wanted them to be a part of the video in some way. It was awesome to receive videos from people all over the world as we sang together letting others know we're not alone.
"Fun" is just a care free, feel good song! I love songs that make you want to dance and make you smile. We sometimes take ourselves too seriously and this song is a reminder that it's okay not to.
On her fans
I'd like to say thank you to my fans for continually inspiring me with your fearlessness and strength. You are awesome.
Let us know what you thought of Megan's responses in the comments below, and be sure to join our community at Sweety High to join our Meganizer community.