A Definitive Ranking Of The Best Against The Current Covers
We're thankful for YouTube for many reasons, one of them being the fact that it introduced us to one of our fave bands, Against The Current. Don't get us wrong, we live for every original song they release, but their covers are the reason we discovered them and pushed us into full obsession mode over this band. We've never listened to an ATC cover we didn't like, but these 13 are definitely our all time faves.
13. Their cover of "Good Time" with Alex Goot is the first cover the band ever posted. It's pretty much what made us fall in love with them. The only reason it's on the lower end of our list is because they've grown so much and their covers have completely exceeded our expectations from this point on.
12. Chrissy's powerful vocals really bring a whole new meaning to Taylor Swift's "Red." We love the punkier feel they bring to this pop song and we're betting Tay does, too.
11. Their acoustic version of "She Looks So Perfect" is simply incredible. It's so great to hear the song from a female's perspective. Plus, any song where we get to hear more of Dan's voice is what we live for.
10. If it weren't for their cover of "Chocolate," we'd probably never know the actual lyrics to the song. You can honestly see how much fun they had performing a cover of this song, which just makes it a billion times better.
9. "Catch My Breath" by Kelly Clarkson is a song we always turn to when we need a little motivation, but since they released this cover, we've been listening to it over the original. Sorry, Kelly. And it's pretty rad that they got creative and performed this song as a duet with Alex Goot.
8. It's certainly one of the best things in the world when all of your faves collab together on a project, which is why we love ATC's cover of "Heart Attack" with Sam Tsui and Kurt Hugo Schneider so much. Let's take a minute to talk about how spectacular the split screen is on this video. Cinematic genius!
7. We really, really, really, really, really, really like their cover of "I Really Like You" with MAX and Kurt Hugo Schneider. MAX and Chrissy's voices blend so perfectly together, it's literally unreal.
6. If you don't cry while listening to their cover of "All Too Well," then you seriously need to go to a doctor, because you may not have a heart.
5. So their cover of "Ain't It Fun" is obviously great, but the reason we adore it so much is for the faces Will makes when he's drumming. They're everything! And we need Chrissy's outfit in our closet ASAP.
4. The video for their "Shake It Off" cover is ridiculously fun to watch. We're also always down for a pop punk version of any T. Swift song, tbh.
3. We need to say sorry to Justin Bieber, because we like this "Sorry" cover way more than the original. It sounds so much more flawless as a duet. No offense, Biebs, you're still our king.
2. The fact that Chrissy raps Wiz Khalifa's verses in "See You Again" so effortlessly is evidence enough as to why it is one of their best covers.
1. It is one of the most difficult things in the world to cover an Adele song. But ATC made "Water Under The Bridge" their own song with this cover. We are blown away by their musical talents. Honestly, speechless.
The only thing better than ATC's covers are their original songs, obvi. "Outsiders" is def a song we go to whenever we need a little reminder that we're shinning stars, and so are THESE 11 other songs.