Everything You Need to Know About Country Singer Alissa Griffith
We've completely fallen in love with Alissa Griffith's soulful country tunes, and we think it's time for everyone because we're obsessed with the singer-songwriter.
We sat down with Alissa this week and get to know exactly what makes her unique. Keep reading for all the intel.
(Image Courtesy of Alissa Griffith)
Name: Alissa Griffith
Hometown: Anaheim, California
Birthday: December 3
1. Alissa is a Sagittarius, and she believes the sign fits her to a T.
"I think that I'm optimistic, outgoing, fiery and spontaneous, and on the slightly darker side. I'm also a little impatient and needy."
2. Her favorite concert-going experience was seeing Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl.
Chris Martin was just amazing. He was on the keys and jumping around, and he had the lights going. It was just a magical night.
3. She has three dogs who make up their own little family. The mom is a Yorkipoo called Tink, and the dad is a Maltipoo named Walter. Alissa also takes care of their puppy, Pippy (aka Dolly Barkin), while her mom owns Pippy's sibling, Cotter.
4. She says her weirdest habit is that she's always blurting out exactly what's on her mind.
"Sometimes I just need to zip it. I always say too much."
5. Unlike most people, Alissa actually uses her cell phone to make calls more than she uses any other apps.
6. She has one younger brother named Zach.
"He's awesome and one of my best friends. I'm definitely the older sister, momming and big sissing him a bit. Well, I try to, but he's 6'3′ and I'm only 5'5′, so it's kind of weird."
7. Alissa has recently gotten really into roller skating.
8. When Alissa is having a tough day, she loves turning to meditation, yoga and exercise to get back to normal.
"If I can make myself go to a workout class, that is absolutely the best way to unwind. Even if you're tired, all you have to do is go. Once you're there, you zone out and forget about everything."
9. She considers Wonder Woman a major inspiration.
"She's such an inspiration to girls, and when I saw the movie I left feeling so empowered."
10. She's lip gloss-obsessed and loves NARS in particular.
11. If she could pick anyone from history to mentor her, Alissa would pick Maya Angelou.
"She was so inspiring, and there were so many things she said that always inspire me when I'm having a tough day or I get let down. I think she was a remarkable woman and set a really high standard of how powerful, strong and capable women can be."
12. She started writing her own music at 11 and hasn't stopped since.
Is Alissa your woman crush? Click HERE for Instagram captions to celebrate the #WCW in your life.