The EASIEST Copycat Recipe for Starbucks' New Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato
2021 has introduced us all to the delightful Apple Crisp Macchiato, a drink that combines the flavors of an autumn pumpkin pie with coffee to tick all of our boxes. It's seasonal, fresh and fruity, and we can't get enough of it.
Of course, going into Starbucks to order one every day would get expensive, fast. Our solution? Simplifying it down to the very basics to make our own version at home. We've been experimenting, and here's our easiest copycat version of the Apple Crisp Macchiato, using ingredients you probably already have at home, to try for yourself.
The Real Deal
Macchiatos are all about adding espresso to foamed milk, and Starbucks' Apple Crisp Macchiato is no exception. This version starts with 2% milk and adds two shots of espresso, apple brown sugar syrup and spiced apple drizzle to make the perfect fall drink. While you can go out and buy Monin brand apple pie and brown sugar syrups, our version uses ingredients you probably have at home already, so you don't have to buy expensive ingredients you'll only use for this recipe, and it takes less than five minutes. It may not have the layer of syrup at the bottom of the cup, but once you taste it, you won't even miss it.
For this copycat recipe, you'll need:
- A 20 oz. cup
- Beverage whisk
- A mixing spoon
- 8 oz. milk of your choice
- 2 heaping of teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon of cinnamon sugar (or one-quarter teaspoon of cinnamon and one teaspoon of white sugar)
- 2 oz. apple cold-pressed apple juice
- 2 espresso shots (or 2 oz. unsweetened cold brew)
1. Spoon your brown sugar and cinnamon sugar into the bottom of the cup before pouring your milk over.
2. Whisk thoroughly! You'll want the sugars to be evenly dispersed throughout the drink (no clumps). The large cup should prevent any spray or spills, and make room for the layer of foam that will develop in the process.
3. Pour the apple juice and espresso/cold brew over the foamed milk, then mix thoroughly with your spoon.
4. Skim foam off the top (feel free to eat it with your spoon!) and add ice as desired.
That's it! You should have your finished drink in just a few minutes so that you don't have to spend all of your hard-earned cash at Starbucks this fall.
Can't get enough of the coffee chain? Click HERE for our guide to all of the different milks you can order at Starbucks.