The 34 Things You MUST Know About Asia Monet Ray!
Asia Monet Ray can literally do it all. You already know that she's an incredible dancer, singer and actress, but did you know she's a master of drawing the CUTEST animals with giant googly eyes? We sat down for an exclusive interview with Asia herself to find out about everything from her secret talents to her musical inspo and how she always stays motivated! Hint: it's you!
1. What's your favorite thing about yourself?
I'm really good at memorizing things.
2. What are three things you can buy in a store that you can't live without?
iPhone, lip gloss and cute shoes. ?
3. What's your favorite app?
Video Star and FiftyThree Paper.
4. What are your top 3 makeup brands?
I don't wear much makeup unless I'm on a red carpet, but I looooove MAC's lip and eye colors. Also Fresh and Too Faced!
5. What 5 things are ALWAYS in your bag when you're dancing?
1. Extra dance clothes and shoes/socks
2. Hair ties and a brush
3. My fave Lush Honey Trap lip balm
6. Which YouTube videos can you not stop watching?
I cannot stop watching America's Got Talent and X Factor's worst-ever auditions. Also, 3D drawing!
7. What's one thing that never fails to make you smile?
My puppy Mochi! ?
8. Which song would you pick as your theme song?
Beyoncé's "Run The World." Who run the world??? GIRLS!!!
9. If you could shop at one clothing store for the rest of your life, which would it be?
10. What emoji describes you best?
? I see everything.
11. What's your fave Disney movie of all time?
12. Which fictional character's style do you want to steal?
13. If you could live in a movie, which one would it be?
14. Describe your music in three words.
R&B/pop, fun, dance.
15. Which artist would you really love to collaborate with?
Janet Jackson… AND Beyoncé.
16. What was your favorite part about being on Dance Moms?
Just being able to perform! That's what I love to do and I was able to do that every week.
17. Where do you draw inspiration from when you're coming up with new dance moves?
I'm inspired by music videos, choreographers and just feeling the music.
18. What's your favorite part about performing for a live audience?
I love live audiences! ? It is such a great feeling to see people smile back at you and see them having fun. I love the interaction with the audience.
19. How did you celebrate when you found out you got a part in both American Crime Story and Sister Code?
OMG! I was so excited about both! I was with my mom in the car when I received both calls from my agent. We went and celebrated over dessert! ? We did a little shopping too!
20. What's something that keeps you motivated to follow your dreams?
My mom has always said I'm self-motivated by challenges. I have a great team that keeps me motivated, especially my parents, and all of my supporters that believe in me! I am motivated by being better than I was yesterday.
21. What is your advice for girls your age who want to go into acting, dancing and singing just like you?
Anything is possible with hard work and sacrifice. Stay focused on your goals even when people discourage them, and know that there will be difficult times, but continue to push forward. Lastly, love and believe in yourself.
22. What can we expect from you in the future?
I'm so excited! There's a lot of hard work ahead with my training, vocals and acting, but I have been blessed with amazing opportunities. By the end of this year there will be more music, movies and videos. Stay tuned!
23. What is the best part about having your own reality TV show?
It's crazy and fun at the same time, but I think being able to be home with your family and do what you love is pretty cool.
24. You do a ton a different sports and activities. Is there something you really want to try that you haven't gotten a chance to yet?
It would be cool to go out and play tennis. Serena Williams comes to mind. I would love to be fierce like her on the court. She's an amazing athlete!
25. What was it like being only six years old and being on Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition?
Now that I look back, that was crazy! I can't even believe I was so young competing against girls that were twice my age. I learned so much and grew up fast on that show. There was a lot of pressure, but at the same time it was such a great experience.
26. How many hours a day do you train to perfect your dancing?
My hours have changed a lot this year because of all the projects I've been filming and all of my training in singing and acting. If I wasn't filming I would be on a six-day dance schedule!
27. What made you want to try out acting and singing?
I have always wanted to act and sing, but being on shows that are so dance-driven makes people think I am only a dancer. I've always loved all three, and I am soooo excited to be able to fit it all in now!
28. What's one thing no one knows about you?
I don't think people know I love to draw and that I love classic old school music (like Etta James and Nina Simone)!
29. If you weren't singing, dancing or acting, what would you be doing?
I would love to work with dogs!
30. What's a piece of advice you live by?
Love what you do and be happy!
31. Of all of the awards you have won, which is your favorite?
The First National Title Trophy. I got it when I was 5 and the trophy was literally taller than me! ?
32. How do you prepare for all of the auditions you go to?
I prepare for auditions with my coaches and stay focused and in my zone.
33. What's your favorite thing to do with your family?
Eat! ?We love going to new restaurants or going to our favorite resort at the beach.
34. What's going through your head right before a big performance?
Just to give everything I got on that stage and to always have fun!
Keep the Asia love going by also clicking here to find out why Asia is our Woman Crush Wednesday EVERY Wednesday!