Everything You Wanted to Know About YouTube Sensation Ava Jules
Looking for a shot of brilliant positivity on YouTube? Look no further than the delightful lifestyle and beauty vlogger Ava Jules.
Ava has made an incredible name for herself on YouTube, with more than 1.3 million subscribers regularly headed back to her channel to hear her messages of body positivity, confidence and love for ourselves and the earth we live in. She spreads a message we all need to hear, and it's only natural that fans continue to flock to her!
That's only the beginning of why she's our latest Woman Crush Wednesday, and you can keep reading to find out all about what makes Ava one-of-a-kind, in her own words.
(Image courtesy of Ava Jules)
Name: Ava Jules Moniz
Hometown: O'ahu, Hawai'i
Birthday: November 11
1. Ava is the youngest child in the family, and has a sister who's 3 1/2 years older than her.
"It definitely impacted who I am because, growing up, I always had someone to guide me and get advice from."
2. If she could pick anyone from all of history as her mentor, she'd go straight to one of the biggest talents of today.
"After thinking about this for a solid 20 minutes, I've come to the conclusion that I would pick Ariana Grande as my mentor. I will admit, I'm not a die-hard Arianator, but I love her as an artist and person. The reason I chose her is because she handles hardships with such grace that I feel like she would give the best advice. She's also such a successful and influential woman—I think I would learn a lot from her."
3. In three words, Ava would describe herself as empathetic, adventurous and adaptable.
4. Her most overused phrase is "As you should!"
"I'll say it to myself and to my friends to hype us up."
5. She doesn't consider herself much of a gamer, but she's been obsessed with Animal Crossing: New Horizons since it released last year during quarantine.
"However, my all time favorite is Nintendogs. If you know, you know."
6. Her favorite superhero is Spider-Man.
"And definitely not just because he's cute."
7. Ava says her answer might change depending on the mood she's in, but at the moment, she'd love the chance to travel for a week to experience a true winter in any European country.
"I grew up in Hawai'i, which means I've lived in a sort of endless summer. For example, if I could go to Switzerland right now, I'd cross off going to Europe and seeing falling snow for the first time off of my bucket list!"
8. She always dreads being asked what her favorite movie is.
"I feel like I can't answer this with honesty because the truth is, I don't have one all-time favorite. I've gotta have different movies for different moods I'm in, you know? However, if I absolutely needed to answer, I would have to say the Twilight series. I'm definitely a Twihard for life."
9. Before any big or important event, she always closes her eyes to make sure she's completely mindful, present and in the moment.
10. Emotion and empathy lie at the core of who Ava is.
"People online don't see this side of me, but I feel the emotions of those around me and feel my own emotions very deeply. Before, I saw this as a weakness, but now I see it as something beautiful."
Want to be present, like Ava? Click HERE to find out why mindfulness is such a great tool for fighting stress.