7 Beach Hacks That Will Change Your Life
Teen Beach 2 may not be here until the summer, but we're getting the party started now with the ultimate beach life hacks. Below are seven of our favorite pro tips for beach days so you're totally prepped to celebrate with Ross Lynch and Maia Mitchell when the day comes.
1. Speed up the summer beach hair process with lemon
Lighten your hair naturally with a little help from water, lemon and sunlight and get the perfect beach look in no time. A mixture of 1/4 cup warm water with a cup of lemon juice with a spray bottle will do the trick.
2. Use the power of the sun to draw on an incredible temporary tattoo
After applying sunblock, stick on a piece of paper, or draw on with Elmer's glue, in the shape you'd like to create on your skin. Hearts, sunbursts and infinity symbols are our favs, but you can creative to show off your own unique style.
3. A sandwich baggie waterproofs your phone in a snap
Who needs an expensive waterproof phone case when a snack bag will do the trick? It'll keep water and sand off your phone and you'll still be able to manipulate the touch screen.
4. Fix busted flip-flops with a bread tag
Cracked flip-flops? To problem. A sandwich tag will make them as good as new.
(via Pop Sugar)
5. Baby powder will fix all of your sand woes
If you hate being coated in sand us much as we do, this tip will be a live-saver. When you're all sandy, a coat of baby powder soaks up extra moisture, allowing the sand to wipe away easily.
(via Beauty High)
6 An old sunblock bottle makes for the perfect hide-away container
Inconspicuously hide your valuables in a cleaned-out bottle of sunblock. After all, who would steal something like that?
(via Just Imagine)
7. Can't make it to the beach? Make believe with delicious "sand pudding"
Freak out your friends with this desert inspired by the beach.
- A package of Nilla Wafers
- 2 Oreos
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pack of vanilla pudding cups
- 12 oz Cool Whip
1. Put the Nilla Wafers and Oreos in a food processor until they're the consistency of sand
2. In another bowl, mix your cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, pudding and Cool Whip
3. In a serving dish, layer your cookie "sand" with the pudding mixture and dig in!
(via Saving Dollars and Sense)
Love these hacks? Share your own with us in the comments below and let us know how excited you are for Teen Beach 2 at Sweety High.