11 Quotes to Remind You That Your Breakup Isn't the End of the World
When you're right in the middle of a breakup, it can often feel like things will never get better.
It's hard to imagine going back to a time when you felt happy and whole, which makes it easy to believe that the sting of a tough breakup will never go away. Even though you might not be ready to move on, sometimes you just need a simple reminder that your split isn't the end of the world.
Keep scrolling for 11 quotes that might just help you recover from a tough breakup.
1. It might turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you:
"Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck."
2. Someone who leaves you isn't someone who deserves you:
3. Your current sadness can't begin to compare to your future happiness:
"Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right person comes along."
–Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
4. You've dealt with worse and still come out the other side:
5. Find someone who recognizes your worth:
"Never love anybody who treats you like you're ordinary."
6. There's always more to come:
7. Trying to fix it will only highlight where it went wrong:
"What is broken is broken, and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived. "
-Margaret Mitchell, Gone With the Wind
8. At a certain point you just have to walk away:
9. You can think of them fondly and still move on:
"At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life."
-Sandi Lynn, Forever Black
10. Happiness will come eventually:
11. Every ending is a chance to start again:
"New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings."
Trying to decode the meaning behind your breakup? Click HERE for cliché breakup excuses and what they really mean.