Our #WCW Brec Bassinger Is Changing the Meaning of "Throw Like a Girl"
Ask us who we feel inspired by to change the world and Brec Bassinger will definitely be one of the first people we mention.
Not only is she breaking down stereotypes of females in sports by playing a quarterback on Nickelodeon's Bella and the Bulldogs, but she's also a vital supporter of Project Mermaids and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
We think it's totally obvious why we made Brec our Woman Crush Wednesday this week, but if you have any doubts, scroll below and let us convince you otherwise!
(Photo credit: Jayne Wexler/Nickelodeon)
Full Name: Brec Marie Bassinger
Hometown: Saginaw, Texas
Birthday: May 25, 1999
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hidden Talent: Ventriloquism
1. When she was two years old, she started participating in beauty pageants. In 2010, she was even crowned "World Our Little Miss" – AWW!
2. Before she was playing a cheerleader-turned-football-star on Bella and the Bulldogs, Brec was actually a competitive cheerleader. Basically, she's Bella IRL.
3. She attended football camp to prepare for her role as Bella and even credits the camp for teaching her how to throw the perfect spiral. All her hard work definitely paid off.
4. Brec doesn't just play Bella on the show, she also sings the program's theme song. We only hope she'll release her own music one of these days!
5. Her favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys, proving you can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl.
7. Brec suffers from type 1 diabetes, which is why she works closely with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. She was even the face of their T1D Looks Like Me campaign.
Brec isn't the only celeb who's become a mermaid for Project Mermaids. See the nine other stars who've sported a tail to support saving our oceans HERE.