6 Reasons Why BTS is So Insanely Popular
Boy bands have and always will be a big part of our lives.
From Backstreet Boys and One Direction to Why Don't We, we constantly find new ones to welcome into our lives and there's no shame in also embracing your inner fangirl when it comes to them. These boys are a force of nature that just can't be tamed.
That's why we're ecstatic that wildly popular K-pop band BTS won the award for Top Social Artist at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday. The reasons they received this honor are clear to us, so we're going to break down exactly why people love these boys so much below!
1. Their fans call themselves an A.R.M.Y. (Adorable Representative M.Cs for Youth). The band totally embraces everything great about social media and keeps things open with fans. We love that and think it's the way all artists should go.
2. When they roll together, they roll in style. I mean, did you see their ultra-chic Billboard Music Awards ensembles? If there was a Best Dressed award given out, it's obvious they would win it.
— BillboardMusicAwards (@BBMAs) May 22, 2017
3. They're advocates for #girlpower. As you know, here at Sweety High we are all about being your best self and empowering one another, so it's incredibly special that bands like BTS support us in this endeavor with songs like "21st Century Girl."
4. Their band name is an acronym for the Korean term "Bangtan Songyeondan," which translates to "bulletproof Boy Scouts" in English. That is one of the coolest names for a band we've ever come across. It's bold and presents a sense of strength and unity among its members. Who can't get down with that?
#방탄소년단 @ Singles (2017.1)
5. They have a genre-defying approach to their music. Mixing elements of hip-hop, EDM and rock, they create a modern, catchy sound that's completely their own. Attending one of their shows would be a dream come true, TBH.
6. They spend their free time hanging out with extremely adorable dogs. It's almost unfair how precious Jimin looks with this pup.
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) May 21, 2017
If your love for boy bands is as strong as ours, you need to listen to THIS epic mash-up