The Heart Wants Selena Gomez's Spicy Miso Ramen—Here's How to Make It!
Raise your hand if you're a Selena Gomez fan!
We know we sure are, and when we saw her HBO episode of Selena + Chef, we knew we were in for a treat with Candice Kumai's Spicy Miso Ramen. In the new TikTok series Celeb Eats, made in collaboration between PEOPLE Magazine and Sweety High, that very recipe gets put to the test by influencer chef Tway Nguyen (aka, @taedabae). Keep reading to find out if it gets a chef's kiss from Tway!
Since 2020, Selena Gomez has starred in her very own HBO show, Selena + Chef. In one episode, her guest chef, Candice Kumai, taught her how to make spicy miso ramen. From the comfort of her home, Selena was able to whip up one super tasty dish for herself and her friends.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 oz. Shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup red miso paste
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 bunch green onion, cut at an angle
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 38 oz. ramen noodles
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seed
- 1 bottle togarashi
- 1 bunch micro cilantro
- Bring water to a boil and hard boil eggs for eight minutes before rising in cool water and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of sesame oil in a pan.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for two to three minutes (adding more oil if necessary).
- Stir tahini and miso in with the mushrooms.
- Add eight cups of water and bring to a boil. Stir and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add two tablespoons of sriracha.
- Bring water to a boil in a big pot.
- Cook ramen according to directions on the package.
- Strain ramen and use tongs to portion it into four bowls.
- Add spinach to one side of the bowl and ladle mushroom soup over spinach.
- Add sliced avocado and half an egg to each bowl, garnishing with cilantro, green onion, sesame seeds and togarashi.
Tway's Spicy Miso Ramen
On the latest episode of Celeb Eats, Tway took a stab at Selena Gomez's spicy miso ramen. Watching her in the kitchen always puts a smile on our faces— especially when she talks about her long-time love for Selena!
@peopleThe heart wants … @twaydabae 's take on @selenagomez 's Spicy Miso #Ramen 🍜😂 #SelenaGomez #cookingtiktok #spicyfood♬ original sound – People Magazine
Did Tway end up loving it? She immediately noticed the subtle creaminess of the noodles and was in awe. She also suggested making slight adjustments to the OG recipe, and deciding it could use a few tablespoons of water to the mushrooms to promote browning, as well as two tablespoons of mirin along with the miso and tahini. She gave it a chef's kiss in the end, and that's good enough for us!
Miss the first episode? Look HERE to find out how Tway liked Lizzo's vegan ice cream bread in Celeb Eats.