Akalia Founder Chabeli De Sousa Is Effortless and Classy When It Comes to Style
Here at Sweety High, we absolutely love meeting the women behind female-founded fashion and style brands, and Chabeli De Sousa of Akalia was nice enough to sit down with us!
If you're unfamiliar with her brand Akalia (which translates to gifted in Greek), it's a clothing brand dedicated to making women feel even better in their skin. From stunning sets to structured blazers and more, there's something for all of the boss babes out there.
We were curious to learn more about Chabeli and her brand, and if you are too, continue below to find out some fun facts!
Name: Chabeli De Sousa
IG Handle: @belidesousa
1. Chabeli started trying on her mom's heels at the young age of 4!
2. She has an effortless and classy personal style:
"As cliche as it sounds, I love Carolina Herrera's style; however, I also love brands such as Cult Gaia that take a step forward when it comes to being different and trendy. I think there is no competition, just things to learn from other designers and founders! My grandma is one of my most important fashion icons. At 89, she still has a great sense of style."
Also read about: 6 Pairs of Flat Sandals You Need for the Summer
3. Chabeli's go-to outfit is an oversized blazer with a ribbed workout set, or jeans, a black shirt and light makeup!
4. Chabeli's brand, Akalia, is all about when quality meets an honest mission.
Also read about: The Biggest TikTok Fashion Trends Right Now
5. On the best piece of advice she's received:
"Don't spend more than what you can afford! And that a business credit line it's important. Both my boyfriend and dad gave it to me!"
6. Her most-loved piece in her closet is a midi black dress because it's versatile and classy.
7. Cut-outs are her favorite style trend at the moment.
8. Chabeli's fave piece from Akalia is the Athena Blazer ($129) in beige.
Also read about: These Super Cute Bikinis for Teens Are All Under $100
9. Something she wants people to know about her:
"I'm still trying to learn to relax! I'm a work in progress!"
10. She consults smaller brands that need help starting up.
Want to meet more amazing female founders? Look HERE to learn all about sisters Molly and Lucy Cochrane, as well as their brand Leni Swims!