The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe of All Time. Seriously
Today, January 27, is Chocolate Cake Day, and to celebrate, we're sharing this fantastic looking chocolate cake recipe from Top with Cinnamon. The recipe is entirely gluten, dairy and grain free, so even if you have dietary restrictions, this just might be the fudgiest chocolate cake you've have the pleasure to enjoy.
First, you'll need to prepare the cake itself. You'll need:
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons of honey
- 1 egg
- A bit more than 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of cashew butter
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Mix your flax, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl
3. Mix the vanilla, honey, egg, pumpkin and cashew butter in another bowl using a fork. Once thoroughly mixed, pour into your dry mixture and stir until everything is totally combined
4. Line a 1 lb. loaf pan with foil, draping a bit over the edges for easy removal later. Grease well before pouring your mixture in. Scatter chocolate chips over the cake, pushing them into the batter.
5. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the cake doesn't jiggle at all when you give the pan a good shake.
Once the cake is done baking, you'll want to coat it with a delicious chocolate glaze. You'll need:
- 3 heaped tablespoons of powdered raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Almond milk
1. Mix the powdered sugar and cocoa powder for your glaze together before stirring in a spoonful of almond milk at a time until you get the glaze to the right consistency. Keep it thick for the best results.
2. Once it's ready, pour onto the cake and spread. Enjoy!
Will you be trying this fabulous recipe? Let us know in the comments below, and share your own recipes with us in the Fan Clubs section at Sweety High.