All the Struggles of Having a December Birthday
So you have a December birthday? We feel your pain.
Being born during the holiday season is kind of the worst thing ever, and the proof is in these nine struggles.
1. Everyone is so wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays that they totally forget your birthday. They're more concerned with their holiday plans than celebrating your special day. #Rude!
2. When you try to plan a party, all your friends are out of town or attending a holiday party of their own. But it's okay—who doesn't like spending their birthday alone?
(The Big Bang Theory via Warner Bros. Television)
3. If your birthday is super close to Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa—or worse, on one of the holidays themselves—you're out of luck. Your holiday gifts get combined with your birthday gifts, which is no fun at all.
4. And your birthday is rarely ever just your day. Your birthday is the one day out of the whole year everyone excuses your selfish ways. But how can you be selfish when the rest of the world is getting gifts of their own on your special day?
5. Everyone spends all their money on holiday gifts for their loved ones, leaving them with nothing left over for your birthday present. Oh well! There's always next year… oh wait.
6. Yet somehow you're responsible enough to budget a chunk of money to get gifts for all your friends and family. Would you look at that!
(Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone via Warner Bros.)
7. People find the need to constantly remind you how awful it is to have a December birthday, as if you didn't already know.
8. Since all the festivities take place at the end of the year, you don't really have anything to look forward to in the upcoming months, unlike people with summer birthdays.
9. For all these reasons, you tend to be a bit of a Grinch during the holiday season. And you're always getting called out on it. Can you really be blamed for your Scrooge-like behavior, though?
(How the Grinch Stole Christmas via Universal Pictures)
If you're a December baby, there's a high chance you're a Sagittarius. See how many of THESE truths about your zodiac sign you relate to.