Demi Lovato's 10 Most Powerful Song Lyrics About Mental Health
Demi Lovato is nothing short of inspiring.
More than any other pop star out there, Demi has always been honest about her struggles with mental health. Though not at all easy to do, she understands that discussing it through her music will help others seek the support they need to fight their own battles. We know, because we're some of those individuals.
Through Demi's songs, we've learned it's okay not to be okay, and it's not weak to reach out for help when you desperately need it.
If you need to be reminded of this, scroll below for Demi's most powerful song lyrics about mental health:
1. For those times you need to be reminded of your strength:
"Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper."
2. For days when you need help finding the light in the darkness:
"I need to take back the light inside you stole."
3. For moments when you feel like you can't be imperfect:
"I wanna be a role model, but I'm only human."
4. For when you need a jumpstart to seek help:
"Money won't pay for your problems, you gotta fix them yourself."
-"You Don't Do It for Me Anymore"
5. For a reminder to live your life even on your toughest of days:
"No more watchin' the world from my doorstep passin' me by."
6. For days when you feel like you don't have it in you to keep fighting:
"And I got what I need right here—It's in me, I am everything."
-"Yes I Am"
7. For every moment you feel the need to put on a front and hide your problems from the world:
"The mirror can lie, doesn't show you what's inside."
-"Believe in Me"
8. For every time you forget you have someone on your side rooting for you:
"Me and my heart, we'll make it through."
9. For a testament to all you've been through:
"And the strength I've found is in my veins."
10. For the most inspiring line to remind you of how far you've come:
"'Cause all the pain and the truth I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I'm not broken or bruised."
The Demi lyrics don't stop here. Check out THESE lines from the singer to use as Instagram captions.