8 Empowering Hip-Hop Lyrics to Help You Conquer 2019
We know everyone says this, but 2019 is going to be our year.
And we're making sure of it by pinning these empowering hip-hop lyrics all over our room for motivation. Scroll through for inspiring words from Rihanna, Childish Gambino and more.
1. Because sometimes, all you can do is straight-up handle it:
"No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up and handle it."
–"Me Against the World" by Tupac
2. Because you've learned not to accept anything less than you deserve:
"Don't touch my pride, they say the glory's all mine. Don't test my mouth, they say the truth is my sound."
–"Don't Touch My Hair" by Solange
3. Because all your goals are within reach:
"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my mission."
–"I'm Alright" by Childish Gambino
4. Because you're not to be messed with:
"I don't bend easy, budge or break. Trust me, you don't want it with the female Scarface."
– "I Know You See Me" by Lil' Kim
5. Because you're always in control:
"They can say whatever, I'mma do whatever. No pain is forever, yup! You know this. Tougher than a lion, ain't gon' need to try it. I live where the sky ends, yup! You know this."
–"Hard" by Rihanna
6. Because you just need a little push to take your life to a new level:
"Reach for the stars. If you fall, you land on the clouds."
–"Homecoming" by Kanye West
7. Because all you can do is keep getting back up:
"I took my bruises, took my lumps. Fell down and I got right back up."
–"Beautiful" by Eminem
8. Because you can't be worried about what other people are doing and thinking:
"Never mind what haters say, ignore them 'til they fade away."
–"Live Your Life" by T.I.
If you need more inspiration going into 2019, peep THESE lyrics that also gives us high hopes for the year.