Friday The 13th: Make Your Own Luck!
Today is Friday the 13th, a day notoriously associated with bad luck! If you're worried about being doomed to a day of disastrous luck, have no fear, because we have a handy list of ways to beat Friday the 13th below!
The number 13 has long been associated with bad luck. Fear of the number is so common that the phobia has its own name, Triskaidekaphobia. Hotels, hospitals and other tall buildings often don't have a 13th floor. Look out, 14th floor residents!
There's only one Friday the 13th this year, but if you're superstitious, watch out for 2015! We'll be seeing a Friday the 13th in February, March and November next year!
However, not everyone believes the number is a bad omen. Taylor Swift has always considered 13 a lucky number. She was born on December 13, and her first album went gold after 13 weeks. Even her Twitter handle, @taylorswift13, reflects her lucky number!
If you just can't shake the feeling that it's going to be an unlucky day, check out our list below to see how you can combat bad luck! We've included seven suggestions, for added luck!
- Throw a pinch of salt over your left shoulder. Just make sure you don't hit anyone! Also be sure not to throw the salt over your right shoulder, as that's supposed to bring you even more bad luck!
- Rack up some good karma! Do kind things to others, and the universe will repay you with good energy. Good deeds will bring good luck!
- Go outside! Your instincts might tell you to stay huddled in a corner on an unlucky day like today, but you should use the opportunity to get outside! Fresh air, direct sunlight and motion will leave you happier, healthier and luckier than ever before!
- Use lucky scents to make bad luck vanish! They say that burning incense or candles, especially ones with strong, earthy scents, can drive away bad luck. Make sure to burn an odd number, and only under the supervision of an adult. Perfumes can work just as well!
- Carry a lucky charm! Everything from a charm bracelet to clovers and keys can bring good luck. Any item with a special meaning to you can be a good luck charm!
- Clean up that mess! If your room at home is a mess, it can trap in bad vibes and leave you feeling boxed in. Decluttering and making sure your room is tidy can get positive energy flowing, and just leaves you feeling better!
- Take control of your destiny! Just because other people believe today is unlucky doesn't mean that you have to! Be like Taylor Swift, and take today, and every day, in stride. You never know just how much a positive attitude can turn your life around!
We wish you all the best of luck today, Sweetys! For added luck, why not join our community at SweetyHigh.com and share your favorite good luck charms with us?