Fun Things to Do While Home for Winter Break
With Thanksgiving now behind us, there's something else to get excited about!
Sure, we could be talking about Christmas or the holiday season in general, but we're really talking about the joy that is winter break. Whether you're in college, high school or any other era of your life, this two-ish week break is always something that spurs joy in our hearts. After all, it's time away from the pressures of homework, teachers and waking up early to drag yourself to class or work on time, so what's not to love?
However, winter break can feel a little less thrilling when you don't have any major plans for how you're going to spend it. While some of your friends and peers might be jetting off for a family vacation or visiting loved ones far away, you're just…home. However, that shouldn't be any less reason to get excited, as there's still plenty of fun to be had over your time off from school! If you need a little extra inspiration, just check out our list of fun things to do while home from school.
Fun Things to Do With Your Family
- Have a holiday movie marathon
- Swap stories of favorite holiday/winter moments (especially great to do with any grandparents or older family members)
- Buy a tree (real or fake, we won't judge)
- Decorate the tree
- Find a drive-through Christmas lights display
- Give each other one present on Christmas Eve
- Cook a Christmas Eve feast
- Help your parents wrap presents
Also read about: 7 Little Things You Can Do to Help Beat the Winter Blues
Fun Things to Do With Your Friends (or Even By Yourself)
- Find somewhere to volunteer
- Go to a Christmas event at a local theme park/amusement center
- Visit all your favorite spots in your town
- Try all the holiday-flavored coffee you can find at local hot spots
- Host your own NYE party
- Bake Christmas cookies from scratch
- Read as many books as possible
- Try dog walking or another side hustle
- Organize a Secret Santa gift exchange
Also read about: 7 Ways to Add Some Holiday Cheer to Your Life This Year
All in all, you should spend your winter break however you please. While we'd recommend getting out and about and trying some of the things on this list, you can also get some more ideas from the ultimate winter bucket list that you'll find by clicking HERE.