Niki & Gabi's Cake Batter Popcorn for National Popcorn Day!
Today, January 19th, is National Popcorn Day! To celebrate, check out a DIY for delicious cupcake flavored funfetti cake batter popcorn, courtesy of YouTubers Niki and Gabi!
We've broken this yummy tutorial for funfetti cake batter popcorn into super simple steps with images for you. If you have any questions, be sure to leave us your feedback in the comments below. As always, if you're using a stove, make sure you've got a parent nearby to supervise!
- Begin by melting 1 1/2 sticks of butter in a large saucepan on low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon
- Add 3 big handfuls of marshmallows.
- Continue stirring until the marshmallows melt and are thoroughly mixed, leaving you with a yellow-white liquid as pictured.
- Break two bars of white chocolate into the mixture, stirring occasionally so it does not burn. Mix until completely melted.
- Pour about a cup of funfetti cake mix into the mixture and mix thoroughly
- Pour in about 3 tablespoons of milk and mix yet again
- Your mix should now look something like this! If you want it to be thicker or thinner, add more cake mix or milk as necessary.
- Pour pop-corn (pre-popped from the grocery store works best) into a glass bowl and dollop your mixture on top.
- Make sure your hands are clean and the mix has cooled enough to touch it with your hands! Knead the mix into the popcorn until it's thoroughly distributed throughout
- The finished product should look like this.
- Divvy up your popcorn into containers
- Add sprinkles as a beautiful finishing touch!
Gabi spotted these adorable, delectable funfetti cake batter popcorncups on Pinterest and decided to try it out for herself. Watch the video below, and share your own tasty crafts with us in the comments and at Sweety High!