Fast fashion has a time and place, and that’s exactly what Georgie Whitcroft learned after her time in that industry.
Georgie wanted to create more sustainable pieces, and from that, The Games We Play was born! Interested in learning more about the brand and Georgie’s personal style? Continue below to find out.
Name: Georgie Whitcroft
IG Handle: @thegamesweplay_
Hometown: Byron Bay
1. Georgie loved thrifting as a teen:
“Growing up in St. Kilda, Australia in the ’90s as a teen, I idolized the eclectic, grunge style of the musicians and artists of that time. I fell in love with designer vintage and would spend my weekends in thrift shops curating different looks.”
2. Her go-to outfit when she’s in a rush is anything silk because it’s so effortless.
Also read about: 6 Summer Sunnies That Also Work for the Fall
3. Georgie is a cancer survivor:
“After beating stage 3 lymphatic cancer five and a half years ago, I realized the inner strength and resilience we all have inside of us and hope to inspire anyone going through any type of adversity or hard ship not to give up.”
4. Kate Moss is one of her major style inspirations.
5. Georgie loves mixing vintage and designer pieces.
6. Her mom gives great advice:
“My mother raised me to follow my intuition and never give up on my dreams. The universe will always provide just trust yourself and the process.”
7. Georgie started her brand, The Games We Play, to get out of the fast-fashion world:
“After years in fast fashion I wanted to create a more sustainable brand with a focus on luxury, sustainable fabrics. Each piece I create is designed to be cherished for years to come.”
8. Living in Bali, she’s always in a swimsuit from her collection.
Also read about: 10 Back-to-School Fall Fashion Trends to Look Forward To in 2022
9. Georgie loves the silk pants from her brand’s current range.
10. On her favorite style trend at the moment:
“I am obsessed with oversized shirts and sheer, backless maxi dresses which feature heavily in my next collection.”
Love learning about female founders? Look HERE to find out about Emily Li Mandri and her style brand MLE.