These DIY Guidance Stones Will Help You Steer Your Own Destiny
You don't have to visit a psychic, buy a fancy deck of cards or even read your daily horoscope to find out what the future has in store for you.
If you seek a bit of guidance for the day, why not do it with something you made with your own two hands? With these easy DIY guidance stones, it's easy to be prepared for whatever life may throw at you.
Before you start, you'll need:
- Large, flat stones. These need to be big enough to write small messages on, but not so big that it would be cumbersome to have a bag of 20 or more of them. You'll need one for every message (we used 24).
- Permanent markers. Black is great for light-colored rocks, while metallics look great on dark stones
- Some sort of bag to carry them in
You may also want to cleanse your stones with rubbing alcohol before writing your messages, but that's optional if they already look nice and clean.
This is perhaps one of the easiest DIYs ever, because all you have to do is write a different message on each stone. Just pick the flatter, smoother side of the rock (jagged edges can make it difficult to write properly) and use the permanent marker to write your words of wisdom as neatly as you can. If you have lovely penmanship or can write in delicate calligraphy, even better!
Let each one dry for a few minutes before touching. If you make a mistake, a little water will wipe the message away if you act fast enough.
You're totally free to come up with your own phrases, but we've created 24 of them, inspired by rune interpretations. Remember that these phrases should serve as guidance, so they should be relatively broad and capable of giving positive direction under various circumstances.
- Sometimes you just have to go with the flow
- Let it go to finally grow
- Join in, but never lose your sense of self
- A message is on its way. Listen for it!
- Don't be afraid to lean on others
- Cut negativity out of your life
- Change is coming. Seize it!
- Everything will become clear
- Your hard work will finally pay off
- It's time to start something new
- Prosperity will soon enter your life
- Keep your emotion and reason in balance
- Willingness to change will lead you to success
- Trust your intuition
- Be patient for what you crave most
- A surge of energy will propel you to new places
- When one door closes, another opens
- A cleansing will help you move forward
- Find common ground with your enemies
- Don't be afraid to take that next step
- Take care in your work and you'll be rewarded
- Accept changes to the game plan
- Action by inaction is sometimes the right move
- There is no such thing as fate but what we make for ourselves
Once each of your stones if written out and ink has dried completely, place them in a bag. Before you select one, mix the stones up, imbuing them with your energy. Ask the stones an open-ended question (like "What's my outlook for school today?" or "Tell me what I need to know about my relationship with so-and-so") and reach in to grab one.
Once pulled, read the stone for your guidance. While it won't always be able to answer your question directly, it will give you the nudge you need in the direction of happiness.
Not done making your own fortune-telling devices? Click HERE to find out how to DIY your own runes.