19 Song Lyrics That Give Us Hope Going Into 2019
2018 was not the year we were hoping for.
It started out with so much hope and promise, but quickly fell short three days into January. After that, it was all downhill from there.
We're still reeling from it, but 2019 is mere weeks away, and we're not going to let what happened in 2018 tarnish our positive outlook on the year ahead.
We don't want you to either, which is why we've rounded up some inspiring song lyrics from 2018 that give us faith that 2019 will be the year it all works out for everyone. Scroll below to feel motivated!
1. Because women are on track to change the world in 2019:
"I'm a woman, don't test me."
-"Strip" by Little Mix feat. Sharaya J
2. Because we are all stronger than we know:
"This soul of mine will never break."
-"Youth" by Shawn Mendes feat. Khalid
3. Because positivity is always the way to go:
"Right now, I'm in a state of mind I wanna be in like all the time."
-"No Tears Left to Cry" by Ariana Grande
4. Because we can't live in fear of what's to come:
"'Cause I am not afraid to live."
-"Waiting for the End" by Tonight Alive
5. Because if there is no risk, there is no reward:
"We're stronger by far from the risk we take."
-"Be Alright" by Dashboard Confessional
6. Because once voice can make a huge difference:
"One small spark can turn into a flame."
-"Keep It Lit" by Tegan Marie
7. Because now's the time to empower one another:
"Queens don't hate, queens don't fight."
-"Queens Don't" by RaeLynn
8. Because you should always make your voice heard:
"Are you holding back something that you're dying to say?"
-"I Believe You" by Fletcher
9. Because this world is full of magic:
"All kinds of magic all around us; it's hard to believe."
-"Oh, What a World" by Kacey Musgraves
10. Because no matter how tired you are, you should never give up:
"Oh, love, we hold on together."
-"Hold On" by Bishop Briggs
11. Because we all need a reminder to love ourselves a little more:
"You've shown me I have reasons I should love myself."
-"Answer: Love Myself" by BTS
12. Because if people don't care about you, they have no place in your life:
"If you don't care about me, I'll just dance for myself."
-"Party for One" by Carly Rae Jepsen
13. Because you shouldn't waste your days being sad over a broken heart:
"Don't write a sad song, you'll burn out your love."
-"Take Me as You Please" by The Story So Far
14. Because now's as good a time as any to take on the world:
"Took on the world to find me again."
-"Somebody" by Dream Wife
15. Because you should embrace who you are and what you have to offer:
"But I'm a sunflower, a little funny."
-"Sunflower" by Allie X
16. Because hate has no place in this world:
"Try and fill us with your hate and we will shine a light."
-"100 Years" by Florence + The Machine
17. Because sometimes things are confusing, but they won't stay that way for long:
"It don't make much sense right now, but it will all come together when the lights go out."
-"Something Bigger Than This" by Trophy Eyes
18. Because there's no better time to be alive:
"What a time to be alive."
-"What a Heavenly Way to Die" by Troye Sivan
19. Because love always wins:
"Yeah I, I believe in the end love wins."
-"Love Wins" by Carrie Underwood
Looking for a song lyric that can sum you up in 140 character or less? THESE are the best lyrics to use as your Instagram bio.