Everything You Wanted to Know About Country Star and American Idol Runner-Up HunterGirl
The Tennessee native was the runner-up in the most recent season of the iconic show, and it's clear she's already on the path to superstardom. HunterGirl started performing at the age of 3 and songwriting at 9, before moving to Nashville after high school to pursue her dream, and we strongly believe it's coming true before her very eyes. If you love her as much as we do, keep scrolling to discover everything we learned about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Mike Rodway)
Hometown: Winchester, Tennessee
Birthday: May 24
1. HunterGirl's not too proud to get a little starstruck every once in a while.
"First, there was Jimmie Allen when he got me up to sing during CMA Fest. He is the kindest person ever. Also, Gary Levox when I got to meet him during a NASCAR event in Nashville and sing 'Riot' with him. I was freaking out! He is incredible."
2. She probably couldn't live without her TikTok app.
"I love seeing all the funny videos on my FYP."
3. Out of all of the Disney princesses, she relates to Rapunzel the most.
"I relate to her wanting to go out into the world and explore it. She pushes through fear constantly to chase after her dream, and it always inspired me when I was younger."
4. Her Pa never fails to make her smile.
"He is the happiest human on earth, and he is always there for anyone who needs help. I looked up to him so much when I was little."
5. Her favorite movie genre is adventure/fantasy.
"I love getting lost in a good story."
6. Some of her biggest hobbies happen to be polar opposites.
"On the one hand, I love going hiking and being outdoors. Then on the other hand, I love playing video games. It's called balance!"
7. She's seen the Harry Potter series more times than any other movies.
"I'm still waiting on my letter from Hogwarts.."
8. You may not expect this, but HunterGirl doesn't come from a very musical family.
"My great-grandmother played piano by ear, but no one ever sang. My mom always told me it was a gift."
9. Her biggest guilty pleasure is wearing a Comfy while binge-watching movies and ordering takeout.
"I also love going back to the songs I bought on my iPod when I was in middle school and jamming out in my car."
10. Above everything else, HunterGirl wants her fans to know she would have never gotten the chance to chase her dreams without them.
"I wouldn't be sharing my songs with the world, getting to be on the road every night or even doing this interview, if they hadn't supported me throughout this journey. I appreciate and love you guys. I think I just always want to say thank you."
Can't get enough of HunterGirl? Click HERE to read our interview with her on her first post-American Idol single, "Hometown Out of Me."