Everything You Need To Know About Singer-Songwriter Jenna Raine
Jenna Raine is a 17-year-old singer-songwriter who has had an ear for music for as long as she can remember.
The artist became a sensation on TikTok after sharing her original song "see you later (ten years)" (which you can listen to HERE). It wasn't long before fans started posting their own videos featuring the powerful lyric: "This isn't goodbye, this is simply a see you later." The song has now been streamed over 15 million times.
Today, Jenna has more than 1.4 million followers on TikTok, and her page has become a venue for sharing her immense songwriting talents. She's challenged herself to write 100 songs in one year, and we have no doubts that it won't be long before this challenge yields her next big hit.
Jenna's love for music isn't dying down anytime soon, so make sure to follow along her journey as she creates more must-listen songs. Keep reading to understand how awesome she is and why we chose her as our Woman Crush Wednesday this week.
(Photo credit: Caity Krone)
Full Name: Jenna Raine Simmons
Hometown: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Birthday: February 17
1. Jenna says she can't live without Goldfish crackers.
2. She has a phobia of being underwater in the middle of the ocean.
3. Her most overused phrase is "100%."
4. She says seeing her fans connect so strongly to her latest track has been a surreal experience.
"I have always wanted to bring healing through my music and I'm happy I can provide that light at the end of a dark tunnel. When I wrote "see you later (ten years)," I never imagined that people would apply the song to their lives in so many different ways—whether it's struggles with friendships, family, relationships, mental health or just the trials and tribulations of life. Part of the beauty in music is that everyone can interpret a song differently. I am really proud that this song could offer some comfort to people."
5. She'd love to live at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from the Harry Potter series.
6. Her current Netflix obsession is Gilmore Girls.
"Gilmore Girls, forever and always."
8. Recently, she hasn't been able to get Taylor Swift's "All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version)" out of her head.
9. TikTok has really helped her grow as an artist.
"I have challenged myself to write music that engages my audience and makes them feel a part of the writing process."
10. Her favorite movie is La La Land.
11. A TikTok comment inspired her to write "see you later (ten years)."
"Someone asked me to write about the 'right person, wrong time' which I hadn't done yet. I sat down on my piano and drew every lyric straight from my heart. It was pretty easy because I'm currently with my 'see you later.' It took about 35 minutes to write the song because I knew exactly what I wanted to say and how to say it. It makes me so happy that people were able to feel the raw, authentic and real message I was trying to tell through listening to the song."
12. Interestingly enough, she loves whipped cream on grilled chicken.
13. She wants to be "a light in a dark world" to her viewers.
"I will stick to my beliefs and stay true to my morals. My goal is to be a good influence for girls who need one. If you ever need someone to talk to, my DMs are open!"
Also be sure to check the music video visualizer for "see you later (ten years)" below!
Can't get enough content on up-and-coming artists? Click HERE to see why we chose Israeli Eurovision winner Netta as our Woman Crush Wednesday.