Get To Know Liv and Maddie's Jessica Marie Garcia
Jessica Marie Garcia is an actress best known for her role as Willow on Disney Channel's Liv and Maddie. In a recent interview, we asked Jessica to reveal some things we never knew about her, plus talk about her experiences on the Liv and Maddie cast!
What makeup product could you not live without?
1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion! Can't live without it! Keeps your shadow on all day with absolutely NO creasing.
What's your go-to accessory?
2. Flash Tattoos! I am obsessed! They are these gorgeous temporary silver or gold tattoos, that you can place anywhere on your skin and lasts about 2 weeks. I always have one on! Such a conversation starter!
What's the strangest thing in your purse right now?
3. Some may think this is strange, but I carry around 3 precious stones that support good energy and healing. (Rose Quartz, Rhodochrosite, Rhodonite). I got it from a medium who read my aura at a pre-Oscar gifting suite. I take it everywhere I go. Helps to remind me to stay positive and be thankful for the day.
What's your astrological sign and what does it say about you?
4. I am an Aries! I couldn't be more of an Aries if I tried! I am a fire sign with a lot of spunk. Super creative and in charge. I can be very stubborn but at the end of the day, I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it.
What's your strangest habit?
5. I am a swayer! I sway back and forth while I stand. I cannot talk to someone without swaying from side to side a little. As a kid, I would stand in front of the TV and just sway. I have trained myself not to do it on stage but I can't stop in my everyday life. My friends now find themselves swaying with me while talking, so they don't feel motion sickness. What can I say? I can't be tamed.
Describe your favorite pair of shoes.
6. I could talk about shoes all day. I have a pair of Steve Madden Varcityy two-piece 4 1/2 inch floral heels, that I live for! I have paired them with a great dress on a red carpet and casually at the movies with just a pair of jeans. You can dress them up or down, they're perfect.
Which movie defined your life growing up?
7. I would have to say the Lord of the Rings trilogy! These movies were so important to me growing up. I may or may not have a Frodo cardboard cutout in my room at this very moment (Right next to my Willow one!) I fell in love with first instalment and became obsessed very quickly. I remember rushing after school with my best friend to see the last movie and crying like little babies at the end. Whenever I watch these movies now, I always think about being a kid and being so taken away with the visuals and wanting to be a part of that world.
Which female icon is your biggest inspiration?
8. I have looked up to so many women growing up. Lucille Ball and Barbra Streisand were the first women I saw on television that really encouraged me to pursue acting. That list would also include Vivien Leigh, Gilda Radner, and Bette Davis. These are all women that I have looked up to and admired their talents and incredible impact on the entertainment industry for women. But as far as the one icon that has been my biggest inspiration is Dame Elizabeth Taylor. (Hey, if you're cool enough to be named a Dame, you have to include it.) She is the one actress who consistently blew me away on screen. She was always so poised and strong in every character and I aspire to be as good as her one day. Hey, maybe even a Dame!
What's your weirdest phobia?
9. I am terrified of mascots! People who dress like Chuck E Cheese, or Mickey freak me out! I love going to theme parks and I know they mean well, but I run from them like a toddler seeing a mall Santa. It's ridiculous, but I can't help it! You don't know who's under there!
What has it been like to be part of Liv & Maddie cast?
Being a part of Liv and Maddie has been the biggest blessing in my life. I have gotten to meet a cast of goofballs that have become an extension of my family. Being on the Disney Channel has really been a dream come true for me, so I've just been cherishing every second.
What has been your most memorable experience from the Liv & Maddie set?
My most memorable experience has been filming the "Rate-A-Rooney" episode. I had the chance to speak out about bullying and being picked on for being different, and that meant the world to me. Other moments that I can't wait to share, don't air for a month or so, so I can't tell you yet but there are some fun times ahead! Keep watching!
How are you similar to your character, Willow, and how are the two of you different?
Willow and I are a lot alike! We are both tough, love sports, and would do anything for our friends. Willow also has a sensitive more vulnerable side that we both definitely share. I would have to say what sets us apart most, is the volume at which we choose to speak! Definitely! Willow would rather yell to get her point across or talk in the third person. She also doesn't take "no" for an answer, and I love that about her.
Can you tease any of your upcoming appearances on the show?
Drama! Music! Love Triangle!…but you didn't hear this from me! 🙂
You can catch Jessica Marie Garcia on Liv and Maddie Sundays at 8pm on the Disney Channel. Comment below with some of your personal favorites, and join the discussion with us at Sweety High.