Everything You Need to Know About Indonesian Idol KIM!
15-year-old Indonesian idol KIM! is definitely one to watch in 2021, and her music career is only going to get bigger from here on out.
The "All My Girls" singer is a natural performer with a voice that betrays her youth, and once you've listened to one of her tracks, you won't be able to stop diving deeper and deeper into her discography. She's not yet a household name in the U.S., but she will be, and here's everything you need to know about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: VARNAVARNI, via NSG Music Recording/EMPIRE)
Name: Kimberley Fransa Salim
Hometown: Jakarta, Indonesia
Birthday: June 3
1. Cats are KIM!'s favorite animals.
"I wish to have one because they're cute! And plus it's also my dream to be a cat mom!"
2. If she could travel anywhere in the world for a week, she'd pick New York.
"I wanna go see and visit Times Square and also try their NY pizza."
3. She's unexpectedly very good at both crossword puzzles and tennis.
4. When she's seeking inspiration, she usually turns to Pinterest or Emma Chamberlain's YouTube videos.
5. When she orders pizza, she likes to get plain cheese.
"But I don't really mind any topping on my pizza as long as there's cheese."
6. If she could live in any fictional world, she'd pick the spirit realm from Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away.
7. Rory Gilmore is one of the fictional characters who has inspired her most.
"Because of her, I began studying much more because she is super academic in the show."
8. Her biggest guilty pleasure is doing math for fun.
9. Her current Netflix obsession is Gilmore Girls.
"I love that show so much! It's my comfort show. Whenever I'm feeling sad, happy or angry, I just watch that show."
10. Her go-to Starbucks drink is a caramel macchiato.
"Cuz I'm basic :p"
11. KIM! says that at her core, she has a strong passion and love for music, and she's very ambitious if she wants something.
Love discovering amazing new music? Click HERE to check out our favorite releases from last week.