Get to Know Power Rangers Beast Morphers Star Kristina Ho
We adore actress Kristina Ho as the tough yet hilarious and bubbly Betty Burke on Power Rangers Beast Morphers.
That's why we're so excited that she opened up to us about her life this week and filled us in on everything we need to know about her. Keep reading to get acquainted with Kristina like never before.
(Photo credit: Stephanie Girard)
Name: Kristina Ho
Hometown: Marin County, California
Birthday: September 26
1. Kristina is a big fan of food. She said her most overused phrase is either "I wonder what's for lunch today?," "What should we get to eat?" or, "Can We please get food after we're done?"
2. The last song stuck in her head is "I'm So Tired…" by Lauv and Troye Sivan.
"The chorus is just so dang catchy! I'm a big fan of Lauv and Troye. I get so excited when they come out with new music because I know it's going be amazing—and I know that I'll probably play the song on repeat for the next month."
3. There is no contest when it comes to her favorite superhero.
"Wonder-freaking-Woman. Are you kidding?! I probably watched it multiple times in theatres when it came out. Gal Gadot is powerful. She did an amazing job, and not to mention she was pregnant while filming! She is a true-life Wonder Woman."
4. Her biggest fear is spiders.
Even the thought of them raises the hair up on the back of my neck and gives me goosebumps. I always have my roommates kill them for me, because I cannot kill them myself. One time it was late at night and everyone was asleep. There was a spider in my room, and I didn't have the heart to wake anyone up, so I just threw a big towel over the spider and left it there."
5. She's been to a lot of memorable concerts, but her very favorite was her first.
"It was the Jonas Brothers, and I was about 14. I think I cried the whole night. I just remember being at that age and being convinced that I was going to marry Joe Jonas one day."
6. Her biggest hero is her lovely mom.
"She is the most generous, hardworking, person I know. I grew up watching her put everyone first, and she still does! I'm trying to encourage her to slow down and to make some time for herself since she's so busy working and taking care of others all the time. She came from Vietnam to America with nothing in her pockets, and still managed to give me everything I needed and more. She truly has the biggest heart.
7. The Lion King is her all-time favorite Disney movie.
"It's an absolute classic. I loved it so much as a kid. It taught me how to be brave and strong, how to stand up and fight for what is right, and how the world is so much better when you do everything with love and care for each other. Simba was my first costume for my first Halloween! Not to mention, I re-watched, The Lion King on the plane a couple of months ago, and still sobbed like a baby—kind of embarrassing because I'm pretty sure I woke up the couple next to me.
8. Kristina often surprises people with her culinary talents.
"I always say that if I weren't an actor, I would be a chef, or I would have my own travel and cooking channel. I cook for my family on Thanksgiving every year. I make a maple bacon sage turkey with cornbread stuffing, and it is out of this world. I also love cooking a lot for my Power Rangers roommates Abraham and Liana! We all love eating and cooking together."
9. Her favorite dessert is either warm peach cobbler à la mode, crème brûlée or chocolate mud cake.
10. Her best school subject was always English, which meshed well with her love for reading and writing. Her worst subjects were science and math.
" I had so many tutors, studied countless hours and I still struggled. I guess my brain just doesn't work that way!"
If you love the Power Rangers, click HERE to take a quiz and find out which Power Ranger you are.