Everything You Wanted to Know About Canadian Country Singer-Songwriter MacKenzie Porter
We first fell in love with the music of Canada-born, Nashville-based country star MacKenzie Porter when she dueted with Dustin Lynch on their hit song, "Thinking 'Bout You," and we haven't looked back since.
And we're clearly not the only ones who are obsessed, because the track was nominated for Favorite Country Song at the 2022 American Music Awards. With a country-pop style that's all her own, and a number of chart-topping hits to her name, MacKenzie is making quite the name for herself as a force to be reckoned with—and here's everything she shared with us about herself as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Bree Marie Fish)
Name: MacKenzie Lea Porter
Hometown: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Birthday: January 29
1. MacKenzie's favorite style trend, at the moment, is pairing oversized suits with cowboy boots.
"Like a Hailey Bieber-meets-Princess Diana vibe!"
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About Country Star and American Idol Runner-Up HunterGirl
2. Christmas is her favorite day of the year.
"I get to spend time with family that day, and it's just a cozy, nostalgic time of year for me."
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About 'Blonde' Singer-Songwriter Maisie Peters
3. One-sided conversations are her biggest pet peeve.
"People who talk about themselves, but the second you say anything, they look around and don't listen when you're talking. They don't care what you say, they just want to talk about themselves."
4. Her biggest guilty pleasures are ice cream and junk food.
"Just any sort of unhealthy, sweet situation! And it's not good right now with Halloween, because we didn't have many trick-or-treaters, so we have ton of candy."
5. The scariest thing she ever did was skydiving.
"It freaked me out!"
6. Her weirdest habit is putting loose hairs on the wall when she's showering—and leaving them there.
"My husband hates it!"
7. Math was her best subject in school.
"I did pretty well in school, but my worst was probably chemistry in high school!"
8. Her dream vacation is a trip to Santorini, Greece.
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About Lifestyle and Beauty Creator Tatyana Joseph
9. She relates to Cinderella more than any other Disney princess.
"Because she works a lot!"
10. She considers herself an extremely loyal person.
"If somebody says not to say something, I won't say it, and if I say I'm going to be somewhere, I will definitely be there. I think that's what my friends would say—that I am loyal!"
Curious about our past WCWs? Click HERE to find out all about DJ and producer REZZ.