Kamari Swim Designer Madison Martina Shares the Keys to Her Unique Sense of Style
Have you ever felt less-than-great in a swimsuit that just wasn't suited for you?
Madison Martina knew this feeling well. Growing up in Florida meant swimsuits were a regular staple in her ensembles, even if ill-fitting pieces often hurt her confidence and self-image. That's precisely why she created Kamari Swim, working as a designer to make swimwear built for comfort as well as mobility, flattering every type of body. Their pieces are on-trend and fabulous, as well as functional, which is why we wanted to learn everything there was to know about Madison and her bold sense of style. Read her interview below to find out everything we discovered.
Name: Madison Martina
Hometown: Orlando, Florida
1. Madison first became interested in fashion during the Juicy Couture tracksuit and knee-high socks era.
"Also dressing my Bratz dolls when I was younger made me obsessed with fashion. I loved their style."
2. She describes her personal style as very casual.
"I do like dressing up and wearing dresses, but I prefer to be comfortable. I would much rather wear some type of low-rise or baggy pants and a top with sneakers."
3. Hailey Bieber is one of her biggest fashion inspirations.
Also read about: Rainbow Fashion Pieces We Want In Honor of Pride Month
4. She's wanted to work in the fashion world from a young age.
"When I was younger, I was always obsessed with dressing up, styling my Bratz dolls and trying to make them unique outfits; fashion has always been something I wanted to dabble in."
5. Her swimwear brand, Kamari, was created in response to a lack of swimsuits that suited her needs.
"What made me take the leap to do this was a bad experience modeling for a swimwear brand. I didn't like how these suits fit me and I realized a lot of suits don't complement my body type very well. My main goal with Kamari was to make cool, unique styles with fun prints and colors that you can be comfortable in and embrace your body."
6. When she's in a rush, she likes turning to baggy pants with a crop top and Jordans, or matching sweatsuits.
7. Her mom has been a guiding light her entire life.
"I like to believe my mom gives me the best advice, and I take everything she tells me to heart."
Also read about: The 15 Pieces Every Capsule Wardrobe NEEDS
8. Her purses and shoes are her favorite things in her closet.
"Purses and shoes can be timeless. They gain value over time. It's always a plus when you don't see anyone else with the same bag or shoes as you."
9. At the moment, she's loving the parachute pants style trend.
"Hailey Bieber put me on this trend and I'm obsessed!"
10. Madison knows the importance of being so much more than just a pretty face.
"I would love people to know that you can be bold, smart, and beautiful while running a successful business. It's possible to check all of the boxes and be multifaceted!"
Love pairing your favorite bathing suits with cute sunnies? Click HERE to discover some of our favorite great sunglasses for teens, all under $100.