Everything You Need to Know About 'Sitting in Fire' Singer-Songwriter MASN
We simply cannot get enough of 19-year-old singer-songwriter MASN and his evocative lo-fi tunes.
The Utah native is talented far beyond his years, and his latest single, "Sitting in Fire" is dreamily profound, sitting right between pop and hip-hop to create tracks you'll want to keep on repeat.
There's no doubt that he's Man Crush Monday material, and this week, we spill everything he revealed to us about himself.
(Photo credit: Slater Goodson)
Name: Mason Rupper
Hometown: Eagle Mountain, Utah
Birthday: February 21
1. Lately, MASN hasn't been able to take "Peach" by Kevin Abstract off of repeat.
2. He loves ordering a ribeye steak from Mastro's or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
3. Not a lot of people know about his favorite hobbies.
"I'm really into cars, and love JDM builds. I also really love architecture and design, and want to design my own house when I build it. I used to build houses for work before music."
4. At the moment, black is his favorite color.
"It just makes everything look great."
5. He says the scariest thing that ever happened to him was getting lost on his way down after hiking a mountain by himself.
6. MASN has a big family, and is the oldest of five kids.
7. While he considers the question "insanely hard to answer," he says "Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance is probably his favorite song of all time.
8. He considers himself quite the thrill-seeker.
"I'm a huge adrenaline junkie."
9. He says it might be unexpected, but he adores The 1975.
10. MASN says that above all, he's thoughtful about how he does things.
"Everything is purposeful and has depth to it. For example, in my lyrics I'm talking about very complex ideas through figurative language and it is normally a collage of feelings and stories—but that can easily fly over someone's head at first listen. I also like to leave things up to the listeners interpretation by using all of the figures of speech, so the song can take on a personalized meaning if you'd like it to."
Is MASN your man crush every Monday? Click HERE to check out our favorite captions to use for every #MCM post on Instagram.