Here's Everything You Need To Know About Dancer Mikaila Murphy
And not only is Mikaila an incredibly skilled dancer, but she is also a talented singer. Her new single "What Goes Around Comes Around" has finally debuted today after much anticipation, and it lives up to all the hype. On the track, she sings about her painful past experiences with love and how she overcame pain through her positive self-image and self-esteem.
She's someone we can all look up to, both for her love of dance and for sharing her confidence in her own skin, which is why she is the perfect candidate as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Chevy Wilkins)
Name: Mikaila Murphy
Hometown: Livonia, Michigan
Birthday: January 27
1. Mikaila is obsessed with sweatsuits.
"They are so comfy, but so cute! I'm not the biggest fan of getting dressed up, so it's convenient when I can be both comfy and cute."
– Mikaila Murphy
2. Mikaila has a bit of a ritual for unwinding and relaxing after a tough day.
"I like to eat chocolate ice cream, take a bubble bath, cuddle with my cat Gus and read a book."
3. She hopes to one day have a romantic getaway to Bora Bora.
4. Mikaila is the oldest child in her family.
"That has definitely impacted who I am. It's made me very responsible and has taught me to look out for others."
5. Watching E.T. never fails to make her cry.
"I always ugly cry when he leaves earth to finally go back home."
6. Mikaila says her weirdest habit is eating foods that don't go together.
"Sometimes I just want to eat pickles with a side of chocolate ice cream. But don't be fooled, I don't eat them at the same time, just in the same sitting. So many things look good and I get indecisive so I pick them all."
7. Her best subject in school was English.
"I love writing. My worst was math, hands down."
8. In three words, she'd describe herself as goofy, kind and hard-working.
9. Mikaila relates to Ariel from The Little Mermaid more than any other Disney character.
"We're both redheads."
10. Shirley Temple is her biggest dance inspiration.
"She's the reason I wanted to become a dancer. I used to watch her with my grandpa when I was 2 years old, and we would dance around my family room together singing and dancing to her songs. 'Animal Crackers in My Soup' and the Bojangles stair tap dance scene are the two most memorable pieces from her shows. I remember wanting to tap dance just like her, so my grandpa told my mom to get me into dance class and I took my first tap class at the age of 3! The rest is history."
11. Mikaila's hard-working personality is core to who she is.
"I was never the most talented in any room I stepped into, but I was almost always the hardest worker in any room I stepped into. The reason that I am where I am is because of the effort that I put into everything I do. A quote that I live by is, 'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.'"
Want to know who else we're crushing on? Click HERE to find out all of the reasons Pap Chanel was our last Woman Crush Wednesday.