If you’re here, it’s probably because you and your mom have a truly unique bond—one so special that you call her your very best friend, lucky you!
Scroll below and prepare to totally relate to the following 11 truths that perfectly describe your relationship.
1. You only have one phone number on speed dial, and that is your mom’s. Whenever you need a quick response, a second opinion or just someone to chat with and make you laugh during the school day, you know you can shoot her a text.
2. If you post a picture or status on any social media platform, you’re guaranteed at least one comment and one like from your No. 1 fan and follower: your mom. She’s got your back. ????
3. Although you love hanging out with your friends, you set special time aside each weekend to grab dinner, get a mani or just watch a rom-com on Netflix with your madre. Spending time with her is key to your happiness. ????
4. You tell your mom literally everything. She’s the first to know when you’re stressed about school and the first to know when you finally land a kiss from your crush. You know that no matter what you tell her, she’ll never judge you.
5. You and your mom have the ability to make each other laugh until you cry. Because you’re blood-related, you must share the same sense of humor. ????
6. Need advice? Your mom is the first person you run to. Because she’s much older and wiser than you, she delivers the most sound words of wisdom—something you’ll eternally be thankful for.
7. Your mom and you have your own secret language that you totally use to your advantage. Whenever you’re at a large and uncomfortable family affair, you use your secret language to bail each other out—meaning no awk conversations with your great aunt and uncle! ????
8. Your mom is your ultimate supporter and cheerleader. Whenever you think you can’t do something, she lifts you up and offers you just the encouragement you need.
9. When you’re not with her, you miss her! You don’t make it through two weeks at summer camp or a weekend trip with a friend without FaceTiming her a handful of times.
10. When you do bicker (just as any best friends do), you always find a way to work through your arguments. You two are awesome communicators, which is what makes your mother-daughter friendship work.
11. Because she’s your mom, she knows you better than you even know yourself—a rare and amazing thing. That’s what makes her your best friend.
If you’re just as close with your sister as you are with your mom, head over HERE and check out these truths that only you would understand.