Simple DIY Origami Dragon Claws For Appreciate A Dragon Day!
It's Appreciate A Dragon Day, and there's no better way to appreciate the mystical creatures than to become one with them! In order to do that we'll show you to to make simple origami paper claws to transform your hand into a dragon's!
This tutorial is adapted from the fabulous Snapguide!
For this tutorial, you'll need a regular sized sheet of paper for each finger. It can be construction paper, lined, regular blank paper or anything else! Be aware that the thinner the paper, the easier it will be to fold!
- Take the top right corner and fold it down to match the top edge with the left side of your sheet of paper.
- Take the top left corner and fold it all the way over to the right to form a triangle
- Take the left bottom corner and fold it up to meet the bottom of the triangle. do the same with the right bottom corner.
- Fold everything below the triangle up to lie on top of the triangle
- Rotate 180°, so that the short tip of the triangle now points down
- Take the right side of the triangle and fold it upward so it lines up with an invisible line down the middle of the triangle
- Fold this new shape over once to the left…
- And then again, until the shape you have is a long, thin triangle
- Turn over, and there will be a loose tip in the front. Tuck that tip into the small pocket behind it and crease to seal
- There should be a small opening on the shorter end of your claw. Insert your finger, and your first claw is complete!
What did you think of this Dragon Appreciation Day tutorial? Comment below with your thoughts and recommendations for future DIYs, and share your own claw and dragon photos with us at Sweety High!