Everything You Wanted to Know About Rapper and Singer-Songwriter Pap Chanel
Rapper and singer-songwriter Pap Chanel is a force to be reckoned with.
The artist released her debut album, Pretty & Paid, in 2020 before following it up with Pretty & Paid 2.0 last year, which featured her six "PAPonalities," or alter egos, each with their own unique looks and approaches to her music. Last week, she released a new single, "Bipolar," complete with a fairytale music video showcasing "Papillon," her soft side. We've been listening to it on repeat—and here's everything we learned about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Elijah Dominique)
Name: Jaida Chanel Roby
Hometown: Milledgeville, Georgia
Birthday: July 7
1. If she could only buy her clothes from one place, Pap Chanel would choose Pretty Little Thing.
2. Her biggest heroes are her parents because of the incredible example they've set for her.
"Their guidance and push gives me the confidence to beat the odds."
3. She says the scariest thing she ever did was move out of her hometown of Milledgeville, Georgia, to Atlanta.
"This was the first time I've ever been away from my family. This move changed my whole perspective on life, family and values."
4. If she could go anywhere in the world for a week, she'd choose someplace both tropical and inspiring, such as Bora Bora.
"I feel like it would help me with my creativity and music. New experiences always give me new things to reference and showcase through my music."
5. Nicki Minaj is one of her greatest influences (as well as the online personality she just can't stop watching).
"She's my inspiration and speaks to my inner Queen."
6. She loves video games.
"My favorite game is Grand Theft Auto."
7. Her favorite song of all time is "Cool" by Anthony Hamilton.
8. She orders pizza with cheese—and only cheese.
9. A little reflection always gets her through tough times.
"Whenever I'm feeling down, I stop to reflect on all the things that I've been through. I'm instantly reminded of how blessed I am and how far I've come. That immediately gives me motivation and picks me up."
10. Pap Chanel wants her fans to know she's one of the most relatable and approachable people under the sun.
"Because of all the things I've been through, overcome and accomplished, I've developed an energy of positivity, gratitude and kindness—and I like to share this energy with those around me, especially through my music."
Want to find out who else we're crushing on? Click HERE to find out everything you wanted to know about TikTok influencer and entrepreneur Avery Cyrus.