Wanna Catch 'Em All? Here Are the Pokémon You Need to Stock Up On NOW
If you've just gotten back into Pokémon Go thanks to the new generation 2 update, you've got some collecting to do.
If you're serious about the game, in addition to all of the first generation Pokémon that suddenly have evolutions in the app thanks to the update, you're going to want to start catching Pokémon with future evolutions, too. Here's a handy list of the Pokémon you should start stocking up on now if you want to complete your Pokédex and catch 'em all.
Generation 2 Evolutions
Some new Pokémon can be obtained by evolving Pokémon you've been collecting since day one of Pokémon Go. If you have a bunch of these candies already, you're in luck!
- Golbat to Crobat (Requires 100 Zubat candies)
- Gloom to Bellossom (Requires 100 Oddish candies and a Sun Stone)
- Poliwhirl to Politoed (Requires 100 Poliwag candies and a King's Rock)
- Slowpoke to Slowking (Requires 50 Slowpoke candies and a King's Rock)
- Onix to Steelix (Requires 50 Onix candies and a Metal Coat)
- Eevee to Espeon or Umbreon (Requires 25 Eevee candies)
- Seadra to Kingdra (Requires 100 Horsea candies and a Dragon Scale)
- Chansey to Blissey (Requires 50 Chansey candies)
- Scyther to Scizor (Requires 50 Scyther candies and a Metal Coat)
- Porygon to Porygon2 (Requires 50 Porygon candies and an Up-Grade)
Generation 4 Evolutions
So it took a while for Pokémon Go to release the 2nd generation of monsters, and we can imagine it'll be a whole lot longer before generation 4 comes out. But, if you're in this for the long haul, you're going to want to start nabbing these monsters now.
- Magneton to Magnezone (Will likely require 100 Magnemite candies)
- Lickitung to Lickilicky (Will likely require 50 Lickitung candies)
- Rhydon to Rhyperior (Will likely require 100 Rhyhorn candies and a Protector item)
- Tangela to Tangrowth (Will likely require 50 Tangela candies)
- Electabuzz to Electivire (Will likely require 50 Electabuzz candies and an Electirizer item)
- Magmar to Magmortar (Will likely require 50 Magmar candies and a Magmarizer item)
- Eevee to Leafeon or Glaceon (Will likely require 25 Eevee candies)
- Porygon2 to Porygon-Z (Will likely require 100 Porygon candies and a Dubious Disc item)
- Murkrow to Honchkrow (Will likely require 50 Murkrow candies and a Dusk Stone item)
- Togetic to Togekiss (Will likely require 100 Togepi candies)
- Aipom to Ambipom (Will likely require 50 Aipom candies)
- Yanma to Yanmega (Will likely require 50 Yanma candies)
- Misdreavus to Mismagius (Will likely require 50 Misdreavus candies)
- Gligar to Gliscor (Will likely require 50 Gligar candies)
- Sneasel to Weavile (Will likely require 50 Sneasel candies)
- Piloswine to Mamoswine (Will likely require 50 Piloswine candies)
(via Game Freak)
Generation 6 Evolutions
If you're really planning ahead, you can start making sure you have a surplus of Eevee candies to get your hands on the coveted fairy-type Sylveon.
- Eevee to Sylveon (Will likely require 25 Eevee candies)
(via Game Freak)
There's no promise right now that Pokémon Go will ever see Sun and Moon's Alola variations, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead.
- Pikachu might be able to evolve into Alolan Raichu (50 Pikachu candies)
- Exeggcute might be able to evolve into Alolan Exeggutor (50 Exeggcute candies)
- Cubone might be able to evolve into Alolan Marowak (50 Cubone candies)
(via Game Freak)
Now that you've got your catch list updated, click HERE to see how well you know your pink Pokémon!