Everything We Know So Far About This Year's New Pokémon Games
Pokémon fans all over the world woke up to some great news this morning with the awesome announcements made in today's Pokémon Direct.
If you want to see the announcement, watch below. You can skip ahead to 30:18 to watch the new announcements.
Here's everything we know so far about what's coming!
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon
- These games will be playable on the Nintendo 3DS and are sequels of sorts to Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, taking players through an alternate journey through the Alola region.
- Ultra Sun and Moon will feature brand new Pokémon, including new forms of the legendary Solgaleo and Lunala, plus a yet-unseen new creature called Necrozma.
- These games are releasing on Nov. 17, 2017, almost exactly a year after the original Sun and Moon.
- The new game is also proof that Nintendo isn't entirely refocusing all of their efforts on their new Nintendo Switch system. Its November release date tells us that Nintendo plans to do a lot more with the 3DS.
(via Game Freak)
Pokkén Tournament DX
- Like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokkén Tournament DX will be a port of a Wii U title for the Nintendo Switch with some awesome added features.
- While the original Pokkén Tournament game had 15 playable characters, DX will have 21. Darkrai (who appears in the arcade version of the original game), Scizor, Empoleon, Croagunk and Decidueye will be joining the fray in the new game.
- The game will feature new play modes not included in the original Pokkén Tournament, and will also take advantage of the Switch's unique setup. Even if you don't have an extra controller, you'll be able to play with a friend thanks to the Switch's unique Joy-Cons.
- With multiple Nintendo Switch systems with their own copies of the game, you'll also be able to play local multiplayer with anyone you meet.
- Pokkén Tournament DX releases Sep. 22 of this year.
(via Game Freak)
Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver
- Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver, originally released in 2000 on the Gameboy Color, will become available for the first time on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console later this year.
- The game will be compatible with Pokémon Bank, so you can transfer your fave 8-bit monsters into your more recent games.
- Gold and Silver will become available on the 3DS on Sep. 22, the same day as Pokkén Tournament DX.
Can't wait to get your hands on these new Pokémon games? Click HERE to find out what your favorite Pokémon type says about you.