This Is What You Need to Know About Indie Pop Artist Ralph
If you need a new disco synth pop queen in your life, you came to the right place.
With jams like "Cold to the Touch" under her belt, Ralph has the perfect sound to get you through any day. Scroll below to find out exactly what you need to know about her.
(Photo credit: Danielle Nemet)
Name: Raffaela Weyman (Ralph)
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
Birthday: Oct. 20
Zodiac Sign: Libra
1. Weirdly enough, she likes snakes but is terrified of bears.
"I've had a number of bear-related run-ins in my life and I honestly get paralyzed with fear."
2. She has a ridiculous amount of shoes. She's truly a girl after our own hearts.
"I have over 80 pairs. I know this because someone recently made me count. They were horrified, but I'm okay with it. Some of them are like collector's pieces; I wore them once or twice and now I just look at them."
3. Her uncle is way cooler than yours.
"My uncle Bob produced the Rocky movies. He was a really amazing guy. I've held his Oscar before, they're so heavy!"
4. She loves staying active and admits she never drives.
"I have never been behind the wheel of a car in my life. I've made it a goal, but to be honest, I really have no interest in driving! I bike and uber."
5. She studied film theory in school, but I Love You Man and Jerry Maguire will always be two of her favorite movies.
"I've watched both a hundred times but I also love Dario Argento movies. Italian cinema was one of my favorite courses."
6. She's big on being bold, traveling and adventure.
"I once jumped off a 45-foot cliff in Italy because my dad assumed my brother would do it, but not me. I hate heights but I hate the idea of being predictable even more."
The indie pop genre is blowing up lately and we can't say we're mad about it. Get to know BAUM, another fave of ours in that world, HERE!