9 Reasons It's More Than Okay to Love 'Bad' Movies
There are people who like only quality films, and then there's the rest of us who love a good bad movie every now and then.
What exactly is the appeal of bad movies? We don't know, but here are the reasons it's totally okay to love them.
1. Watching bad movies can give you a sense of perspective. How can you tell the difference between good and bad without sampling a bit from both?
2. Plus, the badness of bad movies will make the goodness of good movies even more enjoyable.
(SpongeBob SquarePants via United Plankton Pictures)
3. There's definitely such a thing as "so bad it's good." Sometimes terrible dialogue, laughable acting or ridiculously low budget effects can transform a bad movie into an unintentional comedy totally worth watching.
4. Some of the most quotable lines ever come from the worst movies, and there's usually more where those came from.
5. If you want to be an informed movie buff, you'll have to watch a bad movie or two, and you might as well enjoy the ride.
6. Few movie-watching experiences are better than making fun of your favorite bad movies with your best friends.
(Adventure Time via Frederator Studios)
7. People don't set out to make bad movies, so it can be totally fascinating to see exactly what went wrong. Sometimes, it gives you an insight into the people who made the movie and their super weird brains.
8. According to one study, liking "trash films" is actually an indication of high intelligence. We say bring 'em on!
9. Even if you enjoy a "bad" movie unironically, everyone has different tastes. You should never be ashamed of yours.
If you're ready for some good movies, click HERE for eight movies that teach us the hard truth about falling in love.