All the Reasons Nachos Should Be Part of Our Everyday Lives
Nov. 6 is National Nacho Day—but we think it makes sense to celebrate nachos all the time.
Nachos aren't just for sports stadiums and movie theaters. We find them pretty cravable any day of the year. Why do we want nachos to be part of our everyday lives? Let us name the reasons.
1. Texturally, nachos can't be beat. They're the perfect mix of crunchy, gooey and saucy, flawlessly complementing the flavor of every bite.
2. If it weren't for nachos, the liquid gold that is nacho "cheese" might not exist. What kind of world would that be?
3. They're extremely versatile and there's a nacho out there for every kind of person. You can top them with what you love and omit any ingredients you don't, to create the perfect custom snack for you. Essentially, they can be anything you want them to be.
4. And did we mention that dessert nachos exist?
5. They can be super simple to make at home, if you want them to be. You can literally throw some tortilla chips and shredded cheese on a plate and microwave them for a few seconds for a plate of crude (but still delicious) nachos.
6. Or you can go out and splurge on the ultimate mile-high stack of loaded restaurant nachos. When it comes to nachos, there are no wrong answers.
7. Nachos are built to suit whatever mood you're in. Go for broke with the ultimate supreme nachos when you're up for it, or nearly naked chips with cheese when you want to keep things simple. Any day can be a nacho day.
8. They're meant to be eaten with your hands, which is perfect for the lazy girl inside all of us. No utensils? No problem.
9. Nachos allow you to be picky. If a certain chip doesn't look appetizing to you, you're free to eat around it and no one will judge.
10. Every plate of nachos offers dozens upon dozen of opportunities for success. If for some weird reason you're not satisfied with a bite, there's always hope that the next one will redeem it.
Can't wait to celebrate the holiday? Click HERE for the most weirdly delicious nacho recipes on the internet.