12 Truths You'll Relate to If You Couldn't Care Less About the Super Bowl
I'm not a big sports fan.
I don't hate 'em, I don't love 'em—honestly, I just don't really care about them. Which basically means that the Super Bowl, one of the biggest sporting events of the entire year, is pretty much just another day on the calendar for me.
If you feel the same way, keep scrolling for 12 truths you'll relate to if you couldn't care less about the Super Bowl.
1. For the longest time, the Super Bowl meant absolutely nothing to you. In fact, you barely knew what was going on. Free food and a fun get together? Sounds great… what are we celebrating again?
2. You have no idea how they choose the teams who play. Sure, you're aware that there are multiple games through the year, but how did they get down to these two teams? Did they just draw out of a hat? You certainly can't answer these questions.
3. Since you have no idea how the teams are chosen, you often have no idea who's playing until a few days before. And even then, the names of the teams mean almost nothing to you.
4. Actually, if you're being really honest, you don't even know which day the Super Bowl is on. Is it soon? Has it already passed? Someone will probably tell you eventually, right?
5. Sometimes you feel a little guilty about being so uninformed about something everyone else cares so much about.
6. So you try to fake some football knowledge. The Rams? Oh yeah, they had a great season, huh? Just incredible how they scored all those points.
7. Unfortunately, that often backfires and results in someone embarrassingly calling you out about your lack of football knowledge. It's hard to talk sports when you know nothing about them.
8. Still, even if you don't like the Super Bowl, you still like participating in the parties. You just use it as an excuse to eat bad food and hang out with your friends, rather than actually watching the game.
9. Of course, you can't totally escape the football element, so you'll often sit down for the game and scroll through your phone until the commercials come on. Everyone knows the commercials are the best part, anyway.
10. You also dedicate way too much energy to the halftime show. That's when you really start to chime in and give your two sense about things. After all, this is real entertainment.
11. You can't even begin to relate to the people who get aggressively angry about the game. It's just a bunch of men running around tackling each other—how in the world can you feel so passionate about this?
12. But you can't hate the Super Bowl all together. You get yummy food and chance to hang out with people you like, so it's not a total waste.
Even if you hate the Super Bowl, watching it can still be enjoyable. Click HERE for tips to actually enjoy the Super Bowl if you don't care about football.