Everything You Need to Know About Singer-Songwriter and Actress Sarah Silva
Sarah Silva has had quite a career.
After a singing competition propelled her to stardom in Latin America, she's looking to make a big name for herself in her home country, the United States. At just 16, she's established herself as a talented singer-songwriter as well as an actress. We simply had to learn more about her, and Sarah was more than happy to tell us about all the wonderful things that make her one-of-a-kind.
(Photo credit: Team Sarah Silva)
Name: Sarah Stephanie Silva Leon
Hometown: Beaumont, California
Birthday: February 4
1. Sarah loves warm weather.
"I'd say a perfect weather day for me would be a hot, cloudy day."
2. When it comes to picking a favorite musical artist, she has a hard time choosing.
"My all-time favorite artists are Adele, since I grew up listening to her music and her voice is perfect; Dua Lipa, because I love her style and the uniqueness of her voice and recently I have been very hooked on Rosalia's music.
3. She is definitely a night owl.
"I love sleeping in, and for some reason all of my energy comes out at night. It's usually the time when I write all of my songs and practice my piano. My parents and brothers hate it because I never let them sleep!"
4. Sarah has never seen the Harry Potter movies, but she plans to!
"Still, my friends are always ranting about whether they are Gryffindor or Slytherin, so I'm pretty familiar with the terms. I guess I'd choose Gryffindor. It just sounds more appealing."
5. She loves plain cheese pizza but occasionally opts for Margherita instead.
6. She's a major animal-lover.
"I have a dog. Originally her name was Venus but it didn't work, out so we changed it to Chami. I also recently adopted two little kittens. I named one of them Dee Dee, but I still have to think of a good name for the other. Any suggestions? Oh—and I also have a rooster and a chicken. I know they're a bit random."
7. Her biggest pet peeve is people who intentionally talk over other people.
"That gets on my nerves, although ironically, I catch myself doing it as well. If you ever see me doing this, I give you permission to stop me ASAP."
8. Her favorite Disney movie is Alice in Wonderland.
"I love how bizarre it is, and I love pretty much everything that has to do with fantasy. Since I was a kid, I wished I could be Alice."
9. Sarah says she discovered roasted seaweed snacks a couple of months ago, and now she can't live without them.
"If you like sushi, and fish in general, let me tell you that these snacks are life-changing and that the wasabi flavor is out of this world."
10. Her first big break in the business was nabbing second place in La Academia Kid, the Latin American equivalent of America's Got Talent.
"After that, I got offered a lot of job opportunities for my career, and, little by little, each one has helped me make it to where I am today."
Who's your woman crush this week? Click HERE for our favorite #WCW captions for celebrating the special ladies in your life.