Here's Why It's Okay to Take a Day Off From School When You're Sick
While some students will use literally any excuse to get out of school, some of us actually can't stand missing a single day of classes.
That means that even when we're super sick, we'll insist on shuffling to school and soldiering through each period feeling barely alive.
But there's nothing wrong with taking a sick day. Here are all the reasons you should totally stay home when you're not feeling good.
1. Though it may seem like it, missing a day of classes is not the end of the world. Fighting through your illness doesn't make you a hero, and your favorite teacher won't be disappointed in you for staying home when you're legitimately unwell.
(SpongeBob SquarePants via United Plankton Pictures)
2. It's super rude to go to class when you're contagious and get all your fellow students (and maybe even your teacher) sick. Don't do it!
3. Forcing yourself to go to school when you're sick and exhausted will only make you even more sick and exhausted, and you'll wind up taking even more days off school. If you can't stand not being in class, a single preventative day is a lot better than a bunch of sick days.
(Adventure Time via Frederator Studios)
4. Gunning for that perfect attendance record? It can be nice to take home an award at the end of the year, but in the scheme of things, it won't amount to much. If you're thinking it'll make or break your chances of getting into your dream college, it won't.
5. Missing homework isn't much of an excuse because staying home will give you more time to do homework if you need it, and you can always text your classmates to find out your assignments from the day you missed.
6. When you're super sick, it can be almost impossible to pay attention and actually absorb anything in class. There may be a big test coming up, but if you're not well enough to actually learn, why not spend the time at home and recover instead?
(We Bare Bears via Cartoon Network Studios)
7. You don't have to be completely bedridden to justify staying home. If you're not feeling capable, don't worry whether you're sick "enough."
8. If you never miss a day of school because you can't stand not seeing your crush, it might be time to reconsider that stance. For one, you definitely don't want to pass your germs on and get them sick. Secondly, do you really want to share a meaningful moment with them when you're looking and feeling like crud? We think not.
If you don't miss school because of your friends, click HERE to find out more about the kinds of friends you'll have in high school.