Everything You Need to Know About Japanese Pop Artist Sena Kana
Sena Kana's "Up" is the kind of powerful track that sinks its hook into you and refuses to let go.
Featuring Wiz Khalifa and Sheppard, the song simply won't leave our heads. Sena is a vocal powerhouse, and as soon as we heard it, we knew we had to learn more about the amazing singer. We got the chance to ask Sena about her very favorite things and what inspires her. Keep scrolling to find out what they are.
(Image courtesy of Sena Kana)
Name: Sena Kana
Hometown: Tokyo, Japan
Birthday: Jan. 2
1. Sena says her must-have beauty product is the skin toner from her dermatologist.
"I was introduced to it when I had trouble with acne in the past and now I cannot live without it."
2. Her favorite dessert is a Japanese strawberry sandwich—particularly during the winter strawberry season.
3. She's currently obsessed with her star-patterned blouse from Equipment.
"I love stars in general, but I especially like it because it's very light and does not become wrinkly. I usually wear it for recording."
4. Her favorite day of the year is her birthday, Jan. 2.
"It's not only my birthday, but it's also very close to New Year's, so I always get to celebrate it with my family and close people."
5. Dolphins are her favorite animal.
6. Sena would love to get better at signing her autograph.
"I want to sign as many as possible and improve."
7. She doesn't play a lot of video games, but when she was a kid she played cards and board games with her family and friends, as well as a few Nintendo games.
8. She's definitely a night owl.
"I love taking a walk and looking up at the stars because the constellations are always the same wherever I may be, and that soothes me. The silence also gives me time to face myself, look back on things, and solidify my emotion and thoughts into words. But I also try to spend as much time during the day because time is precious, and I try my best not to waste any of it."
9. She really admires Andy Williams, Tony Bennet, and Julie Andrews, and their incredible contributions to music.
If Sena is your Woman Crush every Wednesday, click HERE for Instagram captions for celebrating your #WCW.