SpongeBob Helps Girl to Save BFF's Life
As it turns out, there's a lot more to learn from SpongeBob SquarePants than how to decorate your pineapple abode. Twelve-year-old Miriam Starobin saved her BFF Allyson from choking, using techniques she had seen on Spongebob.
During a school rehearsal for "West Side Story" Allyson accidentally inhaled her gum during a bout of laughter. Miriam recalls the events: "We were laughing and then the gum gets lodged in Ally's throat. And she stopped laughing, which was weird because Ally laughs a lot."
Once Miriam realized that Allyson was truly choking, she remembered Spongebob delivering the Heimlich manuever on Squidward. The gum popped right out of Allyson's throat. Way to go, Miriam!
What would you do if your friend was choking?