12 Struggles You'll Relate to If Your Parents Are Super Strict
Growing up with strict parents is tough.
While you may be totally aware that your parents are just trying to do the best they can to make you into a responsible adult, sometimes their rules seem just a bit over the top.
Having grown up with strict parents myself, I understand the struggle. As an adult, I can honestly say I'm grateful for the rules my parents put in place while I was growing up, but that wasn't always the case.
If you have strict parents as well, keep scrolling for 12 struggles that most certainly apply to you!
1. Last minute get-togethers are not a thing in your household. Any outings with friends have to be planned at least a week in advance so you're able to secure all your parental permissions.
(Girls Meets World via the Disney Channel)
2. Part of securing parental permissions includes your mom talking to your friend's mom and running through the entire plan of the day together.
3. And even when your parents discuss your plans with your friend's parents, there's very little chance that you'll be going anywhere public without parental supervision, so you can just cancel that trip to the mall right now.
4. Your mom definitely has the name, phone number and email of every single one of your friend's parents, and she's not afraid to use it.
5. This means that any time you're away from home you have to answer every call from your parents right away so you can avoid the embarrassment of your mom reaching out to your friend's mom.
(Pretty Little Liars via Freeform)
6. If your parents say no, that's the end of the discussion.
7. But the "no means no" approach is sometimes difficult to explain to your friends, who will constantly tell you that you should just ask again. I mean, you could try, but it probably won't work.
8. You never leave your friends alone with your parents because you're too nervous that they might say something dumb and get you into trouble.
9. And don't even think about bringing a boy home, because dating is strictly off-limits.
(Gilmore Girls via The CW)
10. You are maybe the only person on the entire planet who actually has to wait until you're 17 to see a rated R movie.
11. And you have to be very careful about what you post on social media because you know your parents will be watching.
12. But at the end of the day, you know that your parents are only so strict because they really love you, which makes the endless rules bearable.
You might not be allowed to date, but that doesn't mean you can't have a crush. If you currently like someone who doesn't know you exist, click HERE for six creative ways to get noticed!