If You've Shared a Room With Your Sibling, You'll Relate to THESE Annoying Struggles
Growing up I shared a room with my sister, and let me tell you, it was so not fun.
If you've had to endure the pain and hardship of sharing a room with your sibling, too, scroll below and prepare to relate to the following truths.
1. Unless you are on the same sleep schedule, going to bed can be a real ordeal. If your sib isn't ready to go to sleep when you are, you may have to try and get shuteye with the lights on. The worst.
2. Sharing a room means sharing closet space, which means you're at major risk of getting your clothes borrowed (or rather, stolen) by your sibling. Grrr.
3. Whenever you want to have friends over for a sleepover, you practically have to beg your sib to go sleep out on the couch. You don't want them messing up your slumber party.
4. Ear plugs are your best friend. When your roomie won't turn down their music or is snoring way too loudly at night, the ear plugs are your only saving grace.
5. If you're lucky enough to have a TV in your room, there are bound to be dozens of feuds over selecting what show to watch. Sharing a room means also sharing a remote—which we know is no good.
6. Privacy is non-existent. If you want to text your crush, write in your diary or just have some peace and quiet, you can't. Your sibling is always hovering right over your shoulder.
7. Any time you try and sleep in, your sibling's alarm wakes you up. Seriously every. single. time.
8. Because you share a room, you don't have the freedom to decorate it however you please. Coordinating comforters and bedroom decor can be a real challenge—especially if you and your sib have differing tastes.
9. If your sibling ever gets sick, you better hold your breath. You're next.
Constantly bickering with your bro or sis? Then you definitely want to check out these other sibling struggles HERE.