Everything You Need to Know About 'Said It After' Singer-Songwriter Summy
Known for her relatable yet ethereal tracks and her inimitable whimsical aesthetic, full of pastel colors and fantastic imagery, the Arizona-born artist has certainly made her mark. With her thoughtful, unique brand of indie-pop that pushes the boundaries of genre, her music also has a bold authenticity and hopeful messages, encouraging growth as you find your own inner self and strength—and her latest release, "Said It After," is the perfect culmination of what she's all about. Can't get enough of Summy? Keep scrolling to discover everything we learned about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Elizabeth Elder)
Name: Summer Ferguson
Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
Birthday: October 22
1. Summy has often found inspiration in characters from her favorite pieces of fiction.
"I can't say that I've been inspired by only one, but I occasionally base my videos and artwork off of small different pieces of fictional characters."
2. She's a big collector of vintage clothing and jewelry.
"I enjoy piecing things together that you wouldn't think would belong."
3. Her current favorite piece of clothing is her Care Bear onesie.
4. Her biggest pet peeve is when people use their power over others.
5. A Walk to Remember never fails to make her cry.
6. ASMR is her biggest guilty pleasure.
7. She has a very sweet cat named Lenny.
"She's been with me for three years and I'm forever in love."
8. Her best and worst school subjects might not be what you expect.
"My best school subject was surprisingly math and my worst was probably English because I didn't enjoy being restricted on what to write, creativity, etc."
9. If there's one thing that Summy thinks will help her fans to understand her, it's this:
"I thought I was a Care Bear until I was 12 years old…"
Curious about our past Woman Crushes? Click HERE to find out all about indie-pop band The Aces.