A List of Things That Don't Define Your Worth
We've all felt at a low point in our lives for a multitude of reasons. And, chances are, you'll probably feel this way again.
When that happens, really think about why you're feeling so insignificant. Is it because your Instagram post didn't get any likes, or because you're feeling bad about how long you've been single? While these things tend to make us feel bad about ourselves, they really shouldn't.
If you're feeling pretty meaningless because of something silly, scroll below to boost your mood with a list of things that don't define your worth.
1. Your relationship, or lack thereof. Being single doesn't mean you're worthless, nor does being in a relationship mean you're worthy.
2. Your job status. Whether you're a dishwasher at a restaurant or the CEO of a company, a job is just a job. And if you don't have a job, that's not an indication of how incredible you are.
3. How much money is in your bank account. You can always make more, or it could all be gone in an instant.
4. Your GPA. It's just a number. It doesn't determine how smart you really are.
5. Your weight. Another thing that is just a number. Don't ever let it make you feel bad about yourself.
6. Your physical appearance. It's what's on the inside that counts, seriously.
7. The amount of friends you have. Everyone makes friends differently. Some favor more, some less. There's nothing more to it than that.
8. Your family unit. Every family is different.
9. The number of social media followers you have. Again, it's a measly number.
10. How many likes you get on an Instagram post. So not as many people liked your selfie as your post of your cat. Get over it!
11. The clothes you wear. You may be a fan of sporting designer threads or you may be all about thrift store clothes. As long as you feel comfortable in what you're wearing, who cares?
12. Your taste in movies, books, TV shows, music, etc. Don't be scared to talk about what you like because you're scared of what others will think of you. You like what you like.
13. Your mental illness. It's something you have, not something that defines you.
14. What others think of you. The only opinion of yourself that matters is your own.
We all deal with feeling worthless, including celebrities. Debby Ryan revealed how she overcomes not feeling good enough HERE.