Fellow Snack Enthusiasts, You've Got to Try This Healthy—and Delicious—Subscription Box
This year, I am on a quest—a quest for nutritious, delicious, on-the-go snacks.
As an avid snacker, munching on something every two hours is a major priority. As a result, I've been sampling a variety of snack subscription boxes, trying to find the perfect box that will fulfill my munching needs.
This week, I'm trying UrthBox, a company dedicated to delivering non-GMO, organic and all-natural snacks and beverages.
Scroll below to find out what happened when this sweet tooth girl sampled out this healthy subscription boxes.
The great thing about UrthBox is that they have a wide variety of lifestyle to choose from—classic, vegan, gluten-free and diet.
Once you've selected the type of box you want to try, you have the option to choose between four sizes—mini, small, medium and large. The boxes range from $12.99-$39.99, which is not so bad, especially considering the amount you get in each box (the large includes 25+snacks).
I didn't want to get too crazy, so I selected the classic medium box.
If you've never ordered a food subscription box, you should know that the arrival and opening of the package is the most exciting part. I like to call the process "The unveiling." You never know what's going to be in the box!
The particular package I selected came with 18+ snacks. Mine had everything from a green energy shot, to protein bars, to vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies.
It was a lot of snackage, and I knew I couldn't try it all alone, so I recruited some friends to help me out.
The Taste Test
I ventured out on a girl's road trip this weekend and decided to bring along my UrthBox and test out the products with some fellow snackers.
Two hours into the car ride, we had taste-tested everything. Pretty impressive, I must say.
Although I liked everything I tried (minus one product that was dried salmon bites, and I hate fish), these are the six items that stood out among the rest:
1. Cybele's Free-to-Eat Chocolate Chip Cookies—When you hear that a cookie is both vegan and gluten-free, you automatically think it's going to taste horrible, right? Well, this cookie proves that stigma wrong. This chocolate chip cookie was soft, gooey and honestly tasted just like a regular cookie. If I wouldn't have looked at the package, I wouldn't have guessed it was vegan or gluten-free. The girls in the car agreed, this was a total hit.
2. Better Than Coffee Energy Bar—Because I skipped my morning cup of coffee, I decided I would try out this bar that included two of my favorite ingredients—dark chocolate and coconut. This thing is made with only clean ingredients, but guarana and maca are the energy bar's two key secret ingredients. After eating this, I definitely felt I had sustainable energy for the day. Success. 🙌
3. Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps—I must admit, I've had this snack before. If you haven't tried these light green pea crisps, you must. I eat these out of the bag or sprinkle a few on top of a salad for some extra crunch and flavor. All the girls in the car fought over this one, but I was the victor.
4. Flyjoy Ancient Grain Peanut Butter Energy Bar—I've always been a huge fan of energy bars, but even I know that some are full of not-so-healthy ingredients. This bar is made with quinoa, oats and flax. Sounds like it wouldn't taste top-notch, but it really does. I would definitely recommend the peanut butter flavor.
5. Jake Vitamin Candy—I told you I'm a sweet tooth girl, so, of course, I was extremely happy that there was a little candy inside this box. This candy is a tad different from the sugary treats I'm usually grabbing for, however. It's sugar free and enriched with green tea extract and Vitamin C, which is awesome because you get your sweet fix with some added benefits. The package was devoured among all the girls, because we all couldn't say no to candy that's actually good for us.
6. PopCorners Carnival Kettle—Because I'm such a fan of chips, I had an inkling that I would love these popcorn chips. They're drizzled with sunflower oil, cane sugar and salt and are the perfect combo of sweet and salty. I definitely didn't want to share this bag.
Would I Recommend?
I would recommend this subscription box to anyone who is looking for healthy snacks that will fuel them through their day. Sure grabbing a bag of chips and soda is the easy thing to do, but it's not the wisest.
Having a variety of healthy snacks that you can grab and go for school and work can help you avoid the junk and get you through your day. And remember, just because these snacks are healthy does not mean they lack in the taste department. Trust me, fellow snacker, I never sacrifice taste.
If you're interested in trying out this box yourself, head over HERE for $10 off your first order. Get to snacking!
This isn't the only subscription box I'm majorly digging right now, check out THIS totally vegan box that also delivers beauty products right to your door.