9 Surprising Facts About KC Undercover's Veronica Dunne
Veronica Dunne stars as Marisa in the new Disney Channel series K.C. Undercover opposite Disney veteran Zendaya. In a recent interview, we asked Veronica all about her involvement in the new show, plus got her to reveal some surprising facts about herself and her style!
On being part of the K.C. Undercover cast
It's been amazing! From the beginning, the minute you walk onto the stage, it's such a warm environment. We've really become a family. To be able to call this my work is just a dream come true.
On her character, Marisa
Marisa is a free spirit. She's the life of the party and kind of likes all the attention on her at all times. The dynamic between her and K.C. is great because they're opposites, but they bring out the best in each other. We have some similarities. Marisa is a heightened version of me. I like to call myself the life of the party sometimes I probably would never be like her and say "study bad, party good."
What Makes K.C. Undercover different…
I think K.C. Undercover offers laughs for everyone. Not only a certain age group or teens or tweens, but for the whole family. I think the parents will find it funny. I think the older brothers and sisters will find it funny. It's for everyone.
The other thing that makes it completely different from other shows is that Zendaya is one of the producers. She really gives a voice to our generation and is able to say that kids our age wouldn't say that or do that or wear that. It gives our generation a voice and that's something that our show has that every other show on TV doesn't necessarily have.
On her own spy skills
I'd probably be good at disguising myself and going undercover. Since I'm an actor I'd hopefully be able to pull that off!
What makeup product could you not live without?
1. Giorgio Armani foundation. I think they make the best foundation. And I love eyebrows. So like anything to do with eyebrows is my favorite thing. And probably a good mascara. I love the Colossal Volume by Maybelline.
What hair product could you not live without?
2. It's a 10 leave-in conditioner spray. I like that stuff.
3. My All Saint's leather jacket. I always have to put that on. It makes every outfit better.
What's the weirdest thing in your purse?
4. I don't know if this is weird, but I always carry a book with me. Right now I'm reading Lena Dunham's autobiography. I can't go anywhere without it. I don't know if that's weird or just different.
What's the best piece of advice you ever got?
5. Probably that I can do anything as long as I set my mind to it. You know what I mean? If I work hard and believe in myself it'll happen the way it's supposed to happen.
What was the last movie you watched with your mom?
6. The Devil Wears Prada
What's your weirdest phobia?
7. Like food and water… I know it sounds weird, but when you're doing the dishes and all the food mixes with the water, it really grosses me out. It's so bad. I can't even look at it.
If calories didn't count, what would be your ultimate dream meal?
8. I don't believe calories count! My ultimate dream meal would be probably just a whole peperoni pizza and cookie dough. It's kind of what I ate last night!
What female icon is your biggest inspiration?
9. Lucille Ball, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence and Meryl Streep. Sorry, I just love all of them. I can't pick.
Be sure to catch Veronica Dunne on K.C. Undercover on the Disney Channel. For more news and to share all of your favorite photos and more, you can also join our community at Sweety High.